openHAB 3.0 Milestone 1 discussion

By now I suppose that the installation must be manual?
Is there any consideration of how to install on topo of OpenHabian 1.6?

This is a good idea. For example, there are issues with dynamically added channels that impact Insteon and I assume other bindings (see The channelLinked method is not called after restart · Issue #1707 · openhab/openhab-core · GitHub).

No, sorry. This is next on our list but so far we have been busy with getting our release out.

For the time being, it should work to manually install the 3.0 package though.

1 Like

This is likely a colossally dumb question. But why not:

Last evening, per the download page, added the correct repository for M1 and ran update and install. Everything came in as 2.9.10; is this correct? It’s all working correctly otherwise…

echo 'deb https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/openhab-linuxpkg testing main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openhab2.list

First off I have to say the new interface and everything looks really nice. I like the work that’s been put into this so far.

I also know that this is really early in the dev process yet but I was just curious about how the rules are going to be implemented. I see from some of the above that rules are integrated into the configuration page but I also remember it being mentioned that the Python rules engine was going to be better integrated into OH3.

Is there still a plan to incorporate Python into OH3? I might be posting or looking in the wrong place so if I am just let me know.

Thanks

It’s going to be the same as for OH2, get the addon here.

1 Like

ALL “should” work - they compile and are included in the distro.
If there are regressions, make sure to enter a bug report in openhab-addons repo. For anybody wanting to check what issues are known, simply query for open bugs in that repo - that’s the simplest process, which is least error-prone and where you can be sure that the result is up-to-date and not completely outdated like any other manually maintained list.

I assume you mean 2.5.10, not 2.9.10 :slight_smile: . But no - I don’t think this is correct, especially as 2.5.10 is not yet even released.
@Benjy Any explanation or hint what might be wrong there?

Is there any instructions to follow or simply unpack a milestone/nightly build should work?

Thanks for the reply, Kai. I found the page below you posted, and running “apt install openhab” (sans the “2”) did the trick! Thanks!

https://community.openhab.org/t/guide-installing-and-testing-oh3-snapshots-using-apt-and-yum/104572

Thanks for the hard work on openHAB 3. I really like the new UI possibilities. I have been running it for a few weeks now (snapshots) and can confirm it is working stable except for some small issues.
I am successfully using: Zwave, MQTT, Harmonyhub, icloud, lametric, astro, ntp, openweather and irobot bindings.

1 Like

Well done OH community! I installed OH3 M1 today. I was a but busy to manually rename openhab2 to openhab but all in all I got it working pretty fast. Talking about fast, that’s also my impression of OH itself. I have impression that it’s faster than OH2.
All bindings are working, except AirQuality and most recent versions of non official bindings which are not OH3 ready yet (recent Gardena Binding, HomeConnect Binding, UniFi Binding, iRobot Binding). Working for me: KNX, Hue, Netatmo, iCalendar and some more.
I had tested the new Influx Persistence binding previously and I will work on implementing it now with the new feature of tags, which will make dashboard creation in Grafana much easier.
Rules are working fine as well by the way. I am still old school here, using file based rules. I still need to get how rules are handled now, but I intend continuing using a file based setup as for now. At least I made the step to ditch node-red in favor of the rules as it allows to make such an easy and readable backup of the config.
And this might be a little wish I would have for upcoming releases: to have a better UI experience for file-based-config lovers. Eg in the new UI, it would be awesome, if you could click a label of a configuration key and it would show the key name instead of the label. So, if you would click on the label it would show something like: org.openhab… which you could use to put in the cfg file (in case of a configuration).
So still some work ahead on getting a “perfect” configuration, but I think that’s rather a never ending story :slight_smile:
Kudos once again to all the contributors!

2 Likes

Hello,
Work Great, I love the new UI.
i have just one problem, I can’t discover items with alexa anymore :

2020-10-12 23:04:50.413 [WARN ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Jetty request 33221921 failed: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header
2020-10-12 23:04:50.414 [WARN ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Response Failure: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header
2020-10-12 23:04:50.504 [WARN ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Jetty request 33221922 failed: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header
2020-10-12 23:04:50.505 [WARN ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Response Failure: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header

I also do like the new UI. I’m on windows and had to upgrade to Java 11.

However, I’ve lost my Ring doorbell binding. Any advice to get it back up?

Thank you.

I downloaded and uzipped the milestone build on windows 10, but I am getting this error.

org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-runtime-ui; type=karaf.feature; version="[3.0.0.M1,3.0.0.M1]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-runtime-ui)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=3.0.0.M1)(version<=3.0.0.M1))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-runtime-ui/3.0.0.M1: missing requirement [openhab-runtime-ui/3.0.0.M1] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.ui; type=osgi.bundle; version="[3.0.0.M1,3.0.0.M1]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.ui/3.0.0.M1: missing requirement [org.openhab.ui/3.0.0.M1] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.net)" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core/3.0.0.M1: missing requirement [org.openhab.core/3.0.0.M1] osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=11))"]]]
        at org.apache.felix.resolver.Candidates$MissingRequirementError.toException(Candidates.java:1343)
        at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.doResolve(ResolverImpl.java:392)
        at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:378)
        at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:332)
        at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.SubsystemResolver.resolve(SubsystemResolver.java:257)
        at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:393)
        at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1062)
        at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$13(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:998)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve openhab-runtime-ui/3.0.0.M1: missing requirement [openhab-runtime-ui/3.0.0.M1] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.ui; type=osgi.bundle; version="[3.0.0.M1,3.0.0.M1]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.ui/3.0.0.M1: missing requirement [org.openhab.ui/3.0.0.M1] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.net)" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core/3.0.0.M1: missing requirement [org.openhab.core/3.0.0.M1] osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=11))"]]
        at org.apache.felix.resolver.Candidates$MissingRequirementError.toException(Candidates.java:1343)
        ... 12 more
Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve org.openhab.ui/3.0.0.M1: missing requirement [org.openhab.ui/3.0.0.M1] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.net)" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core/3.0.0.M1: missing requirement [org.openhab.core/3.0.0.M1] osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=11))"]
        ... 13 more
Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core/3.0.0.M1: missing requirement [org.openhab.core/3.0.0.M1] osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=11))"
        ... 14 more
01:39:50.620 [activator-1-thread-2] ERROR org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.BootFeaturesInstaller - Error installing boot features
org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-runtime-ui; type=karaf.feature; version="[3.0.0.M1,3.0.0.M1]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-runtime-ui)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=3.0.0.M1)(version<=3.0.0.M1))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-runtime-ui/3.0.0.M1: missing requirement [openhab-runtime-ui/3.0.0.M1] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.ui; type=osgi.bundle; version="[3.0.0.M1,3.0.0.M1]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.ui/3.0.0.M1: missing requirement [org.openhab.ui/3.0.0.M1] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.net)" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core/3.0.0.M1: missing requirement [org.openhab.core/3.0.0.M1] osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=11))"]]]
        at org.apache.felix.resolver.Candidates$MissingRequirementError.toException(Candidates.java:1343) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
        at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.doResolve(ResolverImpl.java:392) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
        at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:378) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
        at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:332) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
        at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.SubsystemResolver.resolve(SubsystemResolver.java:257) ~[?:?]
        at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:393) ~[?:?]
        at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1062) ~[?:?]
        at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$13(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:998) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_242]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_242]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_242]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_242]
Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve openhab-runtime-ui/3.0.0.M1: missing requirement [openhab-runtime-ui/3.0.0.M1] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.ui; type=osgi.bundle; version="[3.0.0.M1,3.0.0.M1]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.ui/3.0.0.M1: missing requirement [org.openhab.ui/3.0.0.M1] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.net)" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core/3.0.0.M1: missing requirement [org.openhab.core/3.0.0.M1] osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=11))"]]
        at org.apache.felix.resolver.Candidates$MissingRequirementError.toException(Candidates.java:1343) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
        ... 12 more
Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve org.openhab.ui/3.0.0.M1: missing requirement [org.openhab.ui/3.0.0.M1] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.net)" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core/3.0.0.M1: missing requirement [org.openhab.core/3.0.0.M1] osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=11))"]
        ... 12 more
Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core/3.0.0.M1: missing requirement [org.openhab.core/3.0.0.M1] osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=11))"
        ... 12 more

It tries to tell you in its own way that you need to use Java 11.

3 Likes

Ops, I am using jabba and it seems that it didn’t work the first time, I restarted jabba and it worked!

Great! If jabba (Java?) now works for you. :slight_smile:

I am using jabba (Java Version Manager) to test openHAB 3, and it seems it didn’t work the first time.

1 Like

Are the breaking changes documented anywhere, e.g. the change in syntax for executeCommandLine?

As well as the change in syntax, the result of executeCommandLine now seems to include a new line character which it didn’t previously.

1 Like