openHAB 3.0 Milestone 1 discussion

Oh, thank you!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Rule issue

It’s a community project if you think something is not good enough ie the documention you can suggest changes.

8 Likes

I don’t think you need “{”

I’m sorry to insist on this one, but IMO, OH should not throw such error upon unexpected request ( Content-Type header is not mandatory upon RFC7231). Although I agree that the HB module should be more accurate in its request, it is a regression as it was working on OH2, and not anymore in OH3 (change of behavior).
It also generates pollution to have those errors in the stack trace :slight_smile:
May I suggest to handle the default behavior as text/plain instead of application/octet-stream ? I know that the RFC7231 mentions that the default is application/octet-stream, but it also mentions:

[…] or examine the data to determine its type.

It would as such not be a deviation to the RFC to try to figure out if the POST payload is text/plain instead of application/octet-stream.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7231#section-3.1.1.5

I also think it would be much quicker to have this fixed in OH3 rather than in the HB module :slight_smile:

1 Like

And hopefully willing to contribute to building up the docs? There are several wiki posts already to get started.

As you run into something you don’t understand or can’t figure out how to do, please go to these topics (note there are several posts for each thread) and if you can’t clarify the documents, please at least post a reply or edit inline with the question or request for clarification.

The docs won’t be any good without contributions from the community, especially early adopters of OH 3.

1 Like

This is just a general question and not meant to push anything but more to understand the intended direction of the future of OH.

There was discussion in previous threads of making Python/Jython a “first class citizen” as it were for programing rules in OH3. OH2 requires a lot of set to make it work, which I’ve successfully done, and it’s not difficult, just requires effort.

Are there still plans to integrate it better into OH3 or will the config be about the same as OH2? I value Python integration greatly as it really makes OH2 an amazing tool and opens a lot of possibilities. Either way I just don’t want to see Python/Jython dropped from OH3, which I’m assuming is not the plan.

More just for my own understanding of what the developers are thinking.

Thanks for the hard work all!

2 Likes

Have you tried with a clean database? You should try the fix with a clean db or with one migrated from OH 2.0.
If the DB has previously written readings from OH 3.0 nonfixed addon it’s normal it fails.

@4u2fast Do you use MapDB to restore values on startup?
We have some discussion here and it may be the cause:

Is there a possibility to “Add ALL Points/Equipment to Model” in the new UI?

Don’t know, if I missed something, but as far as I’m concerned, I do the following:

1. add the binding
  2. configure the Thing(s)
  3. check all channels to add their points/equipment to the model
    which can be pretty exhausting, especially if used for a Weather-Binding with 10+ forecasts with 20+ points each! :wink:
  4. add the points/equipment

So, is there a faster way to “check all” checkboxes at once?

1 Like

This is being discussed on GitHub at the moment. Short answer it can’t be done yet, long answer is in the GitHub issue.

Looks like a commit has been done already.

1 Like

um… YEAH !
??? what is the deal with all of Scott’s hard work not being included???
I’ve being watching on git and really wonder what is the hold up

2 Likes

yeah bruce i read that

I have 2 issues after update from 2.5 to 3.0…
I followed the instructions and all configurations,items,influx database were moved ok.
I can see al info running through grafana server but…

if I’m logging at http.//localhost:8080 I can see the old dashboad vers 2.5.9 and without any items,things,rules, all gone.

But I removed all directoy belong to openhab2, why do I have still the old dashboard?

tks

I don’t recognise an answer to this. From my point of view there is currently no select all feature. In addition tehre is no copy feature to copy and thing or items as a base for a new thing/item.

The only was to speed it up is to click faster :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds to me as if you still have your openhab2 instance running in parallel - can you rule this out?

We are still waiting for something that can be included, but instead of helping moving things forward, Scott seems to prefer to play dead and not respond anymore. Maybe just to my questions, so I will stop trying now and focus instead on the hundreds of other maintainers who contribute valuable features and are waiting patiently since months for reviews and feedback.

2 Likes

checked.
no one software related to openhub2 or coming from the old directories is running.
only openhab service… and I rebooted the server after installation
cleaned cache of browsers

maybe during the installation not all files were replaced.

yes, i store values and restore on startup !

Strategies {
   everyMinute	: "0 * * * * ?"
   everyHour    : "0 0 * * * ?"
   everyDay     : "0 0 0 * * ?"
   default = everyChange
}
Items {  
* : strategy = everyMinute,  restoreOnStartup
}