openHAB 3.0 Milestone 1 discussion

Perhaps it can Move the files, but what about inside your rules, sitemaps, configs of bindings and much more. Don’t expect a 100% smooth upgrade. You are going to need to spend hours fixing spot fires when making such a big jump. I would setup a test server or second hard drive you swap out to get it going and then move over when your happy.

Also there are advantages to setting up with the semantic system, you may want to use this and model your home as intended which means going back to scratch in some areas.

I don’t use sitemaps, only HABPanel. Don’t recall rules or bindings config referencing static openhab2 directory. If these are the only issues then there’s probably no issues.

I did try using a fresh installation but the guide above mentions that configs are only copied/migrated automatically if they were already present on a OH2 system during installation phase.

I’m seeing the same in miio binding from 2.5.9 though no changes in the code, maybe some version changed in jetty caused this?

Alexa discovery is broken at the moment. Unable to discover devices with OH3 · Issue #366 · openhab/openhab-alexa · GitHub
Fix should be merged soon and updated on Amazon side.

Try this in your rule

import java.time.Duration
executeCommandLine(Duration.ofSeconds(15),<command string>,<parameters string>)

time is in seconds. more than one parameters should be seperated by comma.

1 Like

Is the Wake On Lan Binding missing on 3.0.0M1 ?

The WoL binding has now been superceded by a WoL feature in the Network binding, which is compatible with OH3.

ah… thanks, have to look in to it.

Dunno about that, but it’s probably because you changed from the v1 binding to a v2 one as you need to use in OH3.
That in turn is not an OH3 breaking changing, has nothing to do with that in fact as you could have moved already in OH2 at any time .

Seeing errors during startup relating to mapdb:

2020-10-13 10:40:28.414 [WARN ] [pdb.internal.MapDbPersistenceService] - Deserialized invalid item: [FAILED toString()]
2020-10-13 10:40:28.438 [WARN ] [ence.mapdb.internal.StateTypeAdapter] - Couldn't deserialize state 'org.openhab.core.library.types.OnOffType@@@OFF': org.openhab.core.library.types.OnOffType cannot be found by org.openhab.persistence.mapdb_3.0.0.202010120355

Just a warning, no error. Simply ignore it.

Not sure about that since I can’t see any evidence of my persisted items being restored on startup.

@MikeJMajor @hmerk I opend an issue on github on this. Getting a hundred waring is alittle bit annoying. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Question on OpenHAB 3, has a solution for expire binding been found? I am unsure if it converted or was obsoleted. I think this is my only tricky part for me to move oh3 to production.

Thanks for any suggestions.

1 Like

There is a discussion on this in git hub https://github.com/openhab/openhab-core/issues/1620. As far as in understand the Binding is obsolete, but the new functionality is under development and should be compatible to the binding

2 Likes

Anyone know what the latest is with regards to the serial binding in OH 3.0? I’m currently using that to interface with an RFLink gateway.

Looks great and I also tried to create some rules. How do I create there yaml-formatted rules with textual files within the rules folder?

And where can I find a documentation regarding classes and methods in js rules?

Is it possible to create global methods or modules like in the helper libraries?

Trying to create rule via GUI OH3 with time of day condition.

HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR
Getting handler ‘core.TimeOfDayCondition’ for module ‘4’ failed: Text ‘0:00’ could not be parsed at index 0

I moved to HABApp that has similar functionality but it does not work with OH3 yet due to REST API issues in OH3.

I similarly cannot move to OH3 until this is resolved.

Reply to myself. Time should be in hh:mm format, while UI set it in h:mm.

@Advur May I ask you to create an issue explaining your findings in https://github.com/openhab/openhab-webui/issues? Thanks.