openHAB 3.0 Milestone 1 discussion

Hi, found another issue !

Rule files in capital letter do not run and generate the below error !

2020-10-16 13:29:39.066 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent    ] - Item 'Fibaro_Plug4_Schalten' received command OFF

2020-10-16 13:29:39.068 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Item 'Fibaro_Plug4_Schalten' changed from ON to OFF

==> /var/log/openhab/openhab.log <==

2020-10-16 13:29:39.068 [ERROR] [time.internal.engine.DSLScriptEngine] - Script has an invalid context reference 'Z-Wave-2'!

==> /var/log/openhab/events.log <==

2020-10-16 13:29:39.885 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Item 'Fibaro_Plug4_Watt' changed from 1.3 to 0

2020-10-16 13:29:40.007 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Item 'Echo_Show_Wohnzimmer_LastVoiceCommand' changed from kaffeemühle an to 

2020-10-16 13:29:40.007 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Item 'Echo_Show_Wohnzimmer_LastVoiceCommand' changed from  to kaffeemaschine aus

2020-10-16 13:29:41.739 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Item 'Temperatur_EG_Wohnzimmer' changed from 21.04 to 21.12
[12:29:41] root@t2:/etc/openhab/rules# mv Z-Wave.rules zwave.rules
[12:30:00] root@t2:/etc/openhab/rules# ls -ltra
total 92
-rwxrwxrwx   1 openhab openhab  276 Jun 16 14:05 windalarm.rules
-rwxrwxrwx   1 openhab openhab 3672 Jun 16 14:05 timer.rules
-rwxrwxrwx   1 openhab openhab  223 Jun 16 14:05 readme.txt
-rwxrwxrwx   1 openhab openhab  585 Jun 16 14:05 marantz.rules
-rwxrwxrwx   1 openhab openhab  715 Jun 16 14:05 kueche.rules
-rwxrwxrwx   1 openhab openhab 5250 Jun 16 14:05 knx.rules
-rwxrwxrwx   1 openhab openhab 2032 Jun 16 14:05 haustuer.rules
-rwxrwxrwx   1 openhab openhab 1347 Jun 16 14:05 fenster.rules
-rwxrwxrwx   1 openhab openhab  668 Jun 16 14:05 callstate.rules
-rwxrwxrwx   1 openhab openhab  580 Jun 16 14:05 blauberg.rules
-rwxrwxrwx   1 openhab openhab 2003 Jun 16 14:05 anwesenheit.rules
-rwxrwxrwx   1 openhab openhab 1741 Jun 16 14:05 amazonecho.rules
-rwxrwxrwx   1 openhab openhab  629 Jun 18 18:28 heizung.rules
-rwxrwxrwx   1 openhab openhab 2114 Jul 21 12:40 zwave.rules
-rwxrwxrwx   1 openhab openhab  257 Aug 21 18:25 hyperion.rules
-rwxrwxrwx   1 openhab openhab 2548 Aug 21 18:44 harmony.rules
drwxrwxrwx+ 16 openhab openhab 4096 Oct 15 15:15 ..
-rwxrwxrwx   1 openhab openhab 1959 Oct 15 16:14 alarm.rules
-rwxrwxrwx   1 openhab openhab 4147 Oct 15 17:35 fritzbox.rules
-rwxrwxrwx   1 openhab openhab  305 Oct 16 09:33 haus.rules
drwxrwxrwx+  2 openhab openhab 4096 Oct 18 12:30 .

i changed the file to lower case and rule fired !
thanks
Thomas

1 Like

Hi,

running the new Influx persistance 3.0.0.M.1 with
[12:38:34] root@t2:/etc/openhab/rules# influx
Connected to http://localhost:8086 version 1.8.3
InfluxDB shell version: 1.8.3

[12:47:36] root@t2:/etc/openhab/persistence# more influxdb.persist
Strategies {
   everyMinute  : "0 * * * * ?"
   everyHour    : "0 0 * * * ?"
   everyDay     : "0 0 0 * * ?"
   default = everyChange
}
Items {
* : strategy = everyMinute,  restoreOnStartup
}

Bad Item:
Number  Fibaro_Plug1_Watt            "Fernseher aktuelle Leistung [%.1f W]"                  <energy>                (Strom,EG_Wohnzimmer)           { channel="zwave:device:36569a7a:node8:sensor_power", autoupdate="true" }
Number  Fibaro_TEMP_12               "Temperatur Küche[%.1f °C]"                         <temperature>               (Status,Temperatur,EG_Kueche)     { channel="zwave:device:36569a7a:node29:sensor_temperature", autoupdate="true" }

good Item:
Number  Fibaro_TEMP_11               "Temperatur KG Dusche[%.1f °C]"                         <temperature>           (Status,Temperatur,KG_Buero)     { channel="zwave:device:36569a7a:node21:sensor_temperature", autoupdate="true" }

even deleted full DB and issue is the same afterwards

thanks
Thomas

I do not have OH3 installed currently. Does the UI let you use upper case letters? If so that could be a related issue.

You also removed the “-”, my guess it was this one. My rules do have an uppercase letter at the start and are working, OH3 does give them an uniquie ID by addin a “-” and a number!

1 Like

Yes, might be that the ‘-’ caused the issue !

Hi,

i installed openhab3, upgrading my openhab2, and i have to say… great work! very nice interface, very clean and almost everything is working prefectly already.

some issues i encountred:

• some of my rules stopped working:
    • the syntax of the executeCommandLine changed in the DSL syntax, but i managed to find my way:
      var json=executeCommandLine(Duration.ofSeconds(15),"/usr/bin/python3", "/etc/openhab/scripts/fritzbox.py")
    • the 1v DSL i cannot post update to items like so anymore: Fritzbox_transmission_rate_down.postUpdate(transmission_rate_down) , i get the following error: Script execution failed: An error occurred during the script execution: null
    • i tried to convert my rules in the new ECMA script, but i could not find a way to excute a command.
      • var ExecUtil = Java.type("org.openhab.core.io.net.exec.ExecUtil"); throws an error : Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.openhab.core.io.net.exec.ExecUtil cannot be found by org.apache.aries.jax.rs.whiteboard_1.0.9 eventhough the given class seems to be in the classpath (or the jars of openhab)
  • i also get the data type errors about influxDB. not sure how to fix it.

Please enter an issue for openhab-core for that. There should ne no restriction for filenames.

I have a handful (3 maybe) of 2.x JARs that I use in place of what comes stock with OH. Mostly bindings that aren’t committed into code yet. Is there any expectation in either direction of them working on 3.0? I realize that the goal would be for the developer to move to 3.x but some haven’t been and I don’t want to lose that functionality in the interim.

If you have the source I believe there is a migration script that can help port it to OH3, You would then need to repackage it though.

Unfortunately I don’t. These are jars that the developers have posted on the threads here (for example the MyQ binding Chamberlain MyQ Binding).

No jython?
Seriously?

1 Like

See How to Setup Jython for Jython support.

Python 2 end of life is 01/01/2021.
The last version of jython is from 23/11/2017.
Jython 3 seems non existent.
So I think a choice as been made on openhab.

Maybe we can use https://github.com/bcdev/jpy i dunno

i think the current problem is not the eol of Python 2. Other options are to move to GraalVM.

I use Graal together with zulu 11 to check if there are differences, but up to now i see no difference.

Grall will/is support Python 3

1 Like

@Spaceman_Spiff’s HABApp is Python 3 but broken because of the REST API authentication.

Should not be broken anymore, since Basic Auth is not offered with https://github.com/openhab/openhab-core/pull/1713.

After the next snapshot is released.

I’ve been playing with home assistant lately. It’s all integrated. I didn’t even need to ssh top install thee deconz binding and i even can do they config from within home assistant and look at the zigbee map from within home assistant. I can even do ssh or edit files from within home assistant. I never have to leave home assistant. Documentation is a lot better. You feel it’s made for users
Than, looking at openhab, even number 3, it all looks datet. And the thing i liked the most of OH,jython… Well, thee answer is: here is the URL, and figure out out yourself. While, some time ago, oh3 would have the NRGE with jython as default language… Very disappointed… Apart from some ui change, oh3 will not be installed here. I’ll keep oh2.5 or go to home assistant…

I am strongly considering moving back to HA but I keep hoping somebody will fork OH.

Yes home assistant looks veel good. Quality of integrations (like bindings in oh) i use is also better. It’s sad, i was just getting used to oh…
But, looking for solutions is frustrating, because the docs are not updated, on several places,…
In HA i was able to find info much much quicker.
Well, i guess i’ll buy another raspberry, and use both, and the one that works best, has best support, and documentation, and looks best, will be choosen. At the moment HA has the best points. But, you never know, oh3 will become much better, but they have a lot of work… Also on the bindings. Let’s hope for the best. I liked OH, but the way it’s going now…