openHAB 3.0 Milestone 2 discussion

Is it possible to change that? I think that is not very clear.

1 Like

Don’t think so: https://eemeli.org/yaml/#yaml-stringify - there’s no option related to that as far as I can tell.
(edit: maybe str.defaultType here https://eemeli.org/yaml/#scalar-options)

More info on using quotes in YAML: https://www.yaml.info/learn/quote.html

The formatting of some floating point numbers in channels raises exceptions. I have attached two examples for Eltako devices from the EnOcean binding.

The first is the total feed of a smart power meter (Eltako FSS12), the second one is the humidity measure provided by a sensor (Eltako FIFT63AP). The data from other channels of the two devices are formatted correctly.

15:59:11.845 [WARN ] [se.internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder] - Exception while formatting value '66047.4 kWh' of item PVEinspeisezahler_TotalUsage with format '%d %unit%': d != java.math.BigDecimal

15:55:34.907 [WARN ] [se.internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder] - Exception while formatting value '48.8' of item SensorBadOG_Humidity with format '%d %%': d != java.math.BigDecimal

%d formats an integer. Obviously both numbers are floating point. Is this format set in your Sitemap?

Hi @rlkoshak - I upgraded my openhab instance to OH3 M2 using the Openhabian beta menu item. Unfortunately, frontail is configured to point to /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log and /var/log/openhab2/events.log. Do you happen to know where these directories are configured for frontail?
I looked in /lib/system.d/system and could not find the service file there.

Thanks,
Randy

Thank you for the quick response. I have just started with openHAB and little experience with Java (although much experience with other languages). As far as I have understood the formats for the channel data are determined by the Eltako binding. In channels.xml I found these:

<channel-type id="humidity">
		<item-type>Number</item-type>
		<label>Humidity</label>
		<description>Relative humidity level in percentages</description>
		<category>Humidity</category>
		<state min="0" max="100" step="1" pattern="%d %%" readOnly="true"/>
	</channel-type>

<channel-type id="totalusage">
		<item-type>Number:Energy</item-type>
		<label>Total Usage</label>
		<description>Used energy in Kilowatt hours</description>
		<state pattern="%d %unit%" readOnly="true"/>
		<config-description>
			<parameter name="validateValue" type="boolean">
				<label>Validate Value</label>
				<description>Filter out increases more than 10.0 kWh and decreases less than 1.0 kWh</description>
				<default>false</default>
			</parameter>
		</config-description>
	</channel-type>

Can I reformat these values myself? Or should I contact the maintainer(s) of the binding to change these settings?

I do not use frontail. But if you run sudo systemctl status frontail it will show you the path to the .service file that starts frontail.

1 Like

Seems like expire binding still has some outstanding issues but it’s already 2 weeks since M2. Can I make a little request that M3 waits for expire binding? I’m sure I’m not the only one that relies on it for migrating in from 2.5.

2 Likes

Please file a bug on GitHub in the openhab-addons repository. I‘ll fix that.

Hello, All.
I’m running 3.0 successfully on snapshots and just loaded 2009, which broke my rules engine (topic already discussed). I’d like to migrate back to the milestone build but can’t find good instructions to do so?
Thanks!

none other then Kia himself is working on this

little under the weather… chill
expire being part of core is our dream come true

is there somewhere any description about the new rest api? and the new binding TR-064 Binding?

Thanks

It seems that the documentation for new bindings is not available online. @Confectrician Is there anything we can do about that?

Here it is: https://next.openhab.org/addons/bindings/tr064/
Note: As long as OH3 is not released, all documentation is under next.openhab.org.
The only issue seems to be that the search does not yet cover it, so you have to manually browse through the list of add-ons in the menu to find the TR-064 entry.

5 Likes

But there is no sample configuration available…is there any help for this ???

Use the UI, this is much easier, especially with discovery for the sub-devices. All parameters are documented, so if you want to use textual configuration, everything you need should be there.

Do i need to add

WANConnectionDevice or WANDevice? to get the internet speed etc?

this my configuration

Bridge tr064:fritzbox:wohnzimmer [ host="fritz.box", user="", password=""] {
device wan [ uuid="uuid:", name="e"]
}

but the device is not working

The tr064 binding is working with OH3 now, as @Kai quoted. I think that is what you are refering to with “fritzbox”, right?!

@milo
With a bit of tinkering I got the bridge and a subdevice working at least:

Bridge tr064:fritzbox:fb7583 "FritzBox 7583" @ "Internet" [ host="IP", user="USER", password="PASS", refresh: 60 ]
{
        subdevice wan "WAN" @ "Internet" [ uuid="UUID", refresh=60 ]
        subdeviceLan lan "LAN" @ "Internet" [ uuid="UUID", refresh=60 ]
}

There is another 'WANConnectionDevice" device available, which I’ve not yet implemented. And tbh I’m not sure, which subdevice offers which item-channels yet - but I’ll try to find it out and let you know.

1 Like

The tr064 binding is working with OH3 now, as @Kai quoted. I think that is what you are refering to with “fritzbox”, right?!

Sorry. I searched next.openhab.org & the current site before posting about the binding versions. There is no mention of fritzbox & the search is broken.

Thanks for the clarification.

Currently it looks like the UI has some issues displaying some advanced configuration parameters. I am not sure if this is an UI issue or a malformed configuration description. The UI probably expects a list of options here …

I already filed an issue for further discussion.

1 Like