openHAB 3.0 Milestone 2 discussion

1 Like

there are more ports than just the http/https ports. The mesage complains about the karaf console which is used to access the system via ssh. Standard port is 8101.

EDITed: it is not port 8108 ( typo ) as I stated before it is port 8101.

E.g.

netstat -tulpe | grep -i openhab

shows a list of ports that are used by running openhab ( as long as this is the user the service runs under ) services.

The karaf ssh port also can be changed in the configuration.

1 Like

I added a location and linked a channel to it. I also added an equipment from a thing.
Now I can see something in the Equipment tab, but still nothing in the Locations and Properties tabs.

I figured out how to change the ssh and the language server ports. In 2 different config files (and get still an exception from the language server before it uses the new port).
All ports should be changeable via env vars in the start.sh script.

IFor a test system I am running both in Docker on a Raspberry Pi. On my current production VM I plan on running OH3 in Docker on the same VM as OH2
 They require different Java versions. That may be your issue.

indeed mine is also 8101. This was a typo or my glasses where not clean.
Thanks for correction.

1 Like

Hi All,

I have groups of equipment and groups of locations in Model. When I have items I want to add to BOTH groups, the item shows up in the current group it was added to only. So for example, I have an item called “Kitchen Lights” in the location group “Kitchen”. I add “Kitchen Lights” to “First Floor Lights”. However, now the item “Kitchen Lights” is showing up under the “First Floor Lights” group only and not under the “Kitchen” group when you expand the tree node. It is however in the Direct Group Members list of the “Kitchen” group. It should really show up in both groups when you expand the tree node.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Randy

When I have a list of items, for example, I can click on “Select” at the upper right to select multiple, but there is no “Select All” / “Select None”. This would be nice to have.

Open an issue on GitHub for the webui as a feature request.

1 Like

There was a fix that I thought made it into my but maybe it was after. The Locations tab want being populated. Also, a location will not show up unless it has at least one point or one equipment in that location.

The light should be a member of a Kitchen Lights Equipment group and the Kitchen Lights Equipment Group should be a member of the Kitchen location.

There model doesn’t appear to support two parallel models at the same time (e.g. functional model and location model) and is designed to use a location based model. It will show a functional view of your location based model on the equipment and points tabs though.

Hey,
every minute I’m getting this info:

2020-11-23 01:03:11.565 [INFO ] [.reconnect.PeriodicReconnectStrategy] - Try to restore connection to '192.168.31.208'. Next attempt in 60000ms
2020-11-23 01:03:11.569 [INFO ] [.transport.mqtt.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection to '192.168.31.208' with clientid 14d81dde-448c-42a9-8f90-46eb19a0b020

why is it happening? is it normal?

1 Like

your mqtt connection is failing. there binding tries to reconnect and fails and then waits a minute before trying again.

Yes, I see that:)
But why is it happening?
On OH2 there was no problem.
My mosquito server is on same raspberry as openHAB. How to check what is causing this?

Could be two clients with the same ID.

1 Like

But I dont have any other things on my system. Mosquitto is only for OPENHAB. And every sensor sending mqtt messages has its own unique id.

In OpenHab 3 settings do you see “MQTT Broker connection”? If so, click the link. The info on this page was blocking port 1883 so Mosquitto didn’t connect. I removed all the info on this page and saved the page. Restart Openhab and Mosquitto, as port 1883 was not blocked anymore, Mosquitto could connect. Perhaps a reboot is needed.

1 Like

You deleted every data from this ?

Yes Kamil, that is exactly what I did. P.s. I use dark background as you can see.

1 Like

I did same as You and now it is ok;) Thank You:)

But question - for what is this System Broker needed?

2 Likes