openHAB 3.0 Milestone 2 discussion

But there is no sample configuration available…is there any help for this ???

Use the UI, this is much easier, especially with discovery for the sub-devices. All parameters are documented, so if you want to use textual configuration, everything you need should be there.

Do i need to add

WANConnectionDevice or WANDevice? to get the internet speed etc?

this my configuration

Bridge tr064:fritzbox:wohnzimmer [ host="fritz.box", user="", password=""] {
device wan [ uuid="uuid:", name="e"]
}

but the device is not working

The tr064 binding is working with OH3 now, as @Kai quoted. I think that is what you are refering to with “fritzbox”, right?!

@milo
With a bit of tinkering I got the bridge and a subdevice working at least:

Bridge tr064:fritzbox:fb7583 "FritzBox 7583" @ "Internet" [ host="IP", user="USER", password="PASS", refresh: 60 ]
{
        subdevice wan "WAN" @ "Internet" [ uuid="UUID", refresh=60 ]
        subdeviceLan lan "LAN" @ "Internet" [ uuid="UUID", refresh=60 ]
}

There is another 'WANConnectionDevice" device available, which I’ve not yet implemented. And tbh I’m not sure, which subdevice offers which item-channels yet - but I’ll try to find it out and let you know.

1 Like

The tr064 binding is working with OH3 now, as @Kai quoted. I think that is what you are refering to with “fritzbox”, right?!

Sorry. I searched next.openhab.org & the current site before posting about the binding versions. There is no mention of fritzbox & the search is broken.

Thanks for the clarification.

Currently it looks like the UI has some issues displaying some advanced configuration parameters. I am not sure if this is an UI issue or a malformed configuration description. The UI probably expects a list of options here …

I already filed an issue for further discussion.

1 Like

Hello,
can i display the thing property “ModelName” as an item ? and how?

Another question is can I add wlan guest for witching on and off?

You can consult the linked documentation to see what´s available and what’s not.

‘wifiGuestEnable’ seems to be the channel you are looking for. Model name and some other channels from the old version of this binding are not available (yet) as it seems.

I recognized some serious drops in performance of the UI and refreshing issues, when I link items to a channel. But this problem and your enhancement proposals are better off in a separate discussion (on github), I think.

1 Like

Until such time that search will cover next.openhab.org, you can search the documentation by going to DuckDuckGo (or your search engine of choice) and using site:next.openhab.org your search term.

For example: site:next.openhab.org fritzbox returns https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=site%3Anext.openhab.org+fritzbox&ia=web

3 Likes

Why is limitToOptions true? I thought this is only set if options are provided at all. This needs to be fixed in the config description.

I always get this error

2020-11-17 20:34:29.809 [INFO ] [binding.tr064.internal.SOAPConnector] - Failed to get Tr064ChannelConfig{channelType=wanIpAddress, getAction=GetInfo, dataType='string, parameter='null'}: HTTP-Response-Code 500 (Internal Server Error), SOAP-Fault: 401 (Invalid Action)

Failed installing 'openhab-package-expert': No matching features for openhab-package-expert/0

My configuration

Bridge tr064:fritzbox:wohnzimmer @ "Internet"  [ host="fritz.box", user="", password=""] {
        subdevice wan "WAN" @ "Internet" [ uuid="uuid:xxxxxxxx", refresh=60 ]
        subdevice wanconnection "WANconnection" @ "Internet" [uuid="uuid:xxxxxx", refresh=60]
        subdeviceLan lan "LAN" @ "Internet" [uuid="uuid:xxxxxxx", refresh=60]
}

The flag limitToOptions is true by default. I am not aware of any kind of business logic which sets it to false otherwise.

Extraction from JavaDoc:

* @param limitToOptions specifies that the users input is limited to the options list.
     *            When set to true without options, this should have no affect.
     *            When set to true with options, the user can only select the
     *            options from the list When set to false with options, the user
     *            can enter values other than those in the list

Regarding my comment above: @ysc already submitted a fix for it which is available in snapshot build #2014. Thanks again.

Hey, can someone tell me how to turn on log viewer?
Or what adress has logviewer for OH3?

Folks,
I have been considering to move to OH3 for a while now, followed the growing tutorial in the Community Forum and was wondering, whether there already exists a somewhat consolidated entry point into the documentation. Are these „wiki-tutorials“ somewhere outside of the community forum?

Also @Kai ´s posting seems to suggest that this could be found under “next.openhab.org”. W
While there is a landing page, that features a nice v3 on a black background. The two links (getting started and demo) point to the „old“, released version of OH 2. Is this intentional? Any pointers to where OH3 relevant information can be found would be appreciated.

Thanks for all the good work
Clemens

I think it is the new documentation, at least for Addons with the old theming.

Ok people, can someone tell me how to change DateTime look?
Now it shows as "2020-11-18T11:53:56.101236+01:00[Europe/Warsaw]".
How to change it to normal?:slight_smile:

[%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY, %1$tH:%1$tM] in label isn’t working…

Same thing with dimensions of pressure. My sensor gives kPa. Earlier in OH2.5 I only changed it in label to [%.0f hPa], and it worked. But now it isn’t.

About frontail log viewer I managed to work it. Needed to chenge frontail data manually in files.

To change the fomat you should now use the metadata option “State Description”. Just enter the formatstring without the square brackets .

3 Likes

Can You tell me where to put
expire=“10s,command=OFF”
??

expire is not ( yet) in OH3. I saw today that capability may be in the next snapshot though. I do not know the syntax for OH3 though.