openHAB 3.0 Milestone 5 discussion

I highly recommend looking into Windows subsystem for Linux

Be careful. I tried Docker with WSL2 (Windows 10 Home) and Microsoft removed access to USB devices in WSL2. :frowning:

It will be coming back, and it should still work with WSL1.

1 Like

Docker does not work well with WSL1 & Windows 10 Home, does it? I have been focussing lately on using Docker for OH.

A quick google search brought up this: https://nickjanetakis.com/blog/setting-up-docker-for-windows-and-wsl-to-work-flawlessly

1 Like

Hopefully they fix WSL2. Having a true Linux kernel helps a lot with compatibility.

That link is a workaround for the default flawed Docker installation though.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: To group or not to group

A post was split to a new topic: Issues on CentOS

I’m not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, but…
Installed OH3 M5.

When I try to add equipment (or point) to model I get a pop-up stating I have to select at least one channel. The channel (HUE brightness) is selected though. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

1 Like

I’m trying to convert some of my DSL V1 rules to OH3. I would like to have an option to modify the item value in the following screen

In the rule I use as action

OU_Weather_Actual_Rain_avg.postUpdate(OU_Weather_Actual_Rain.averageSince(now().minusMinutes(120),"rrd4j"))

If I use this code in a execute a given script it gives an error, but if I copy the .rules file to conf\rules it works.

I copy the .rules file to conf\rules it works.

Try copying in the .riles file and check what the UI or REST API state for the rule. That may give some insight. That is what I would try anyway.

I will do that for debugging purposes. But I think that besides the 3 “core actions” it would make sense to also include an “update item value” action.

Feature requests should be opened as Issues on GitHub. That permits developers who are not here to work on things too.

Done #1926

2 Likes

Thanks.
That was opened in core, not UI Hopefully @ysc can move it.

That’s ok, because it seems that such an action actually does not exist at all - so @ysc would have a hard time to add it in the UI :wink: .

1 Like

Looks like a bug, you should have a form below the checkbox item to complete the item details. If you can share reproduction steps please do so.

Maybe a really small issue: If you follow the docker link on next.openhab.org, the text will link to Milestone 4 (instead of 5).

I have the same problem.
In Location add a new location (room).
In that room i select Create Equipment from thing.
I select a thing and also a channel but i still get this message.

1 Like

@Marijn_Oudijk @tnemrap

I’m also having this issue when trying to create equipment from point. So far it’s only occurring with Hue devices.

Has anyone created an issue yet?

Thank you Scott!