openHAB 3.0 Release Candidates discussion

Thanks for the clarification!

I got the same problem again as I had when upgrading to M5 (from M3): For some reason the Ephemeris bundle didn’t start. So there was loads of errors relating to that in the log. Simply restarting the bundle makes everything work as intented. Anyone else seen this?

On my upgrade the log4j2.xml was replaced automatically (upgraded using apt on a Debian server), so no smarthome.event there to replace. However, I seem to have the same problem anyway. Nothing in events.log and when doing a log:tail in Karaf I see no status changes. Anyone has a workaround?

Just noticed another huge problem. OH doesn’t read my .rules files anymore. The rules in the GUI works fine, but the rules I still have in files are nowhere to be found. Anyone else?

Beginning to feel I shouldn’t have upgraded to this RC :frowning:

edit: When editing the rules files my openhab.log says it’s loading them. But it doesn’t…

There seems to be something wrong in your installation, as rule files are working here without any issue.

Ok. Questions is what… It worked perfectly well before I upgraded from M5…

Could you try to do a

log:set INFO openhab.event

in your openHAB console and see if this will bring back the logging of events? We might then see clearer on what is happening on your system.

Nope, that didn’t do any difference :frowning:

Can you post what a openhab> log:get gives you?

Logger                                             │ Level
───────────────────────────────────────────────────┼──────
ROOT                                               │ WARN
javax.jmdns                                        │ ERROR
javax.mail                                         │ ERROR
openhab.event                                      │ INFO
openhab.event.AddonEvent                           │ ERROR
openhab.event.InboxUpdatedEvent                    │ ERROR
openhab.event.ItemAddedEvent                       │ ERROR
openhab.event.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent            │ ERROR
openhab.event.ItemChannelLinkRemovedEvent          │ ERROR
openhab.event.ItemRemovedEvent                     │ ERROR
openhab.event.ItemStateEvent                       │ ERROR
openhab.event.RuleAddedEvent                       │ ERROR
openhab.event.RuleRemovedEvent                     │ ERROR
openhab.event.RuleStatusInfoEvent                  │ ERROR
openhab.event.StartlevelEvent                      │ ERROR
openhab.event.ThingAddedEvent                      │ ERROR
openhab.event.ThingRemovedEvent                    │ ERROR
openhab.event.ThingStatusInfoEvent                 │ ERROR
openhab.event.ThingUpdatedEvent                    │ ERROR
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.sse.SseEventSinkImpl          │ ERROR
org.apache.karaf.jaas.modules.audit                │ INFO
org.apache.karaf.kar.internal.KarServiceImpl       │ ERROR
org.apache.karaf.shell.ssh.SshUtils                │ ERROR
org.apache.karaf.shell.support                     │ OFF
org.apache.sshd                                    │ WARN
org.eclipse.lsp4j                                  │ OFF
org.jupnp                                          │ ERROR
org.openhab                                        │ INFO
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver │ ERROR
org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-runtime                  │ OFF

Ok. Did another restart of openHAB and suddenly everything works. My .rules files are read correctly, I get events in my log and Ephemeris was started without problems. So I still don’t have any idea what the problem actually was. Anything worth doing any continued digging into?

FWIW I had all my rules not triggered after I upgraded, they ran fine if run manually but triggers didn’t work for some reason. After restarting they now work well.

Something similar here… no rules seem to be triggered, the log also doesn’t fill up as usual, I only seem to get messages about MQTT broker reconnection.
I rebooted several times and cleared cache.
Can’t debug right now but will have a look this evening.

Same here, after apt upgrading on a debian server no rules from files and no events. After restarting the openhab service this seems to be fixed

I get the same log:get errors as DanielMalmgren but no matter how many times I restarted and cleared the cache it did not change anything. Rules are not working and events.log is empty.

exactly same problem here

Issues with logs as well - clean install running on OSX.

I’m having an issue with the RRD4J service; sometimes it gives these errors even though I no longer have persistence configured:

2020-12-15 13:04:56.169 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'QueryablePersistenceService.query()' on 'org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService@13feb32e': Value must be between 0 and 100

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Value must be between 0 and 100

at org.openhab.core.library.types.PercentType.validateValue(PercentType.java:57) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.core.library.types.PercentType.<init>(PercentType.java:42) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService.mapToState(RRD4jPersistenceService.java:415) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService.query(RRD4jPersistenceService.java:272) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor83.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:154) [bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

2020-12-15 13:04:56.182 [ERROR] [ence.internal.PersistenceManagerImpl] - Exception occurred while querying persistence service 'rrd4j': Value must be between 0 and 100

at org.openhab.core.library.types.PercentType.validateValue(PercentType.java:57) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.core.library.types.PercentType.<init>(PercentType.java:42) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService.mapToState(RRD4jPersistenceService.java:415) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService.query(RRD4jPersistenceService.java:272) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:154) [bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

2020-12-15 13:04:56.581 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'QueryablePersistenceService.query()' on 'org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService@13feb32e': Value must be between 0 and 100

2020-12-15 13:04:56.583 [ERROR] [ence.internal.PersistenceManagerImpl] - Exception occurred while querying persistence service 'rrd4j': Value must be between 0 and 100

2020-12-15 13:04:57.883 [INFO ] [ab.ui.habpanel.internal.HABPanelTile] - Started HABPanel at /habpanel

Maybe I found a reason for no logging in events.log file:
In my logging config (log:get) I found all entries pointing to events as

smarthome.event.*

I think this is from an old configuration. I changed the config file to that from distribution and now all event entries have namespace

openhab.event.*

My logging is fine now.

— sorry for double post. I recognized to late that the solution was found earlier…

My rules also work as expected.

I can confirm that the logging issue is definitely because of the renaming of “smarthome” to “openhab” after upgrading from M5 to RC1. I changed every mention of “smarthome” in file /userdata/etc/log4j2.xml to “openhab” and did openhab restart and everything is working fine now.