openHAB 3.0 Release discussion

They fixed it. Before I posted, the top post was the OH 2.5 posting.

Nope, I have read it there before your post.

1 Like

i updated my openhabian 2.5 to OH 3 and all went well. (Raspb 3B)
but it seems that OH didn’t start , already rebooted a few times without success.
i am only able to ssh with openhabian@openhab

what did i wrong ? help pls, thanks

EDIT: Java was still on old Version, you need to install Java 11 with openhabian Menu 46

I have tried updating from 2.5.11, but my Jython rules are not working.
Installed the automation bundle from the UI, but I get NullPointerExceptions:

Error during evaluation of script 'file:/etc/openhab/automation/jsr223/python/core/components/100_DirectoryTrigger.py': java.lang.NullPointerException: java.lang.NullPointerException in <script> at line number 8

Posting the same question to two different threads is not good.
Did you change Java versions Java 11? If not, do so…

1 Like

The Jython helper libraries still need to be updated for OH3, see:

1 Like

Thanks! I thought these are bundled with the jython scripting. Do you have any ETA for this?

I don’t have any ETA. Let’s hope we see a version that works with OH3 in the above linked threads soon!

2 Likes

after my hickups, i am now in OH3 (Raspb. 3B / openhabian) :partying_face:
looks super cool and thank you all for this great step forward!
can’t wait to dig into it more. THANK YOU!

When will we have the download page updated ? I need the windows binaries.

It’s no longer next but current :wink: so you can use:

I’ve uploaded my temporary fix to jython helper libraries. The details can be found here Jython helper libraries for OH3

Hoping that this is also a bug discussion, after upgrading to the final release I frequently get these warnings (not errors, so probably not really severe, but still):

21:00:22.637 [WARN ] [core.internal.scheduler.SchedulerImpl] - Scheduled job failed and stopped
java.lang.NullPointerException: null 
        at org.openhab.core.model.script.engine.ScriptError.<init>(ScriptError.java:65) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.core.model.script.interpreter.ScriptInterpreter.invokeFeature(ScriptInterpreter.java:140) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:992) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:955) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:236) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.core.model.script.interpreter.ScriptInterpreter.doEvaluate(ScriptInterpreter.java:226) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.internalEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:216) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.evaluateArgumentExpressions(XbaseInterpreter.java:1206) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._invokeFeature(XbaseInterpreter.java:1136) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.invokeFeature(XbaseInterpreter.java:1082) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.core.model.script.interpreter.ScriptInterpreter.invokeFeature(ScriptInterpreter.java:151) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:862) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:232) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.core.model.script.interpreter.ScriptInterpreter.doEvaluate(ScriptInterpreter.java:226) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.internalEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:216) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:459) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:240) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.evaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:202) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.ClosureInvocationHandler.doInvoke(ClosureInvocationHandler.java:47) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.AbstractClosureInvocationHandler.invoke(AbstractClosureInvocationHandler.java:30) ~[?:?]
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy358.apply(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.core.model.script.actions.ScriptExecution.lambda$0(ScriptExecution.java:82) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.core.internal.scheduler.SchedulerImpl.lambda$12(SchedulerImpl.java:166) ~[bundleFile:?]
        at org.openhab.core.internal.scheduler.SchedulerImpl.lambda$1(SchedulerImpl.java:76) [bundleFile:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

4 posts were split to a new topic: Zstick on OH3

@Tron,

Do you have an idea which of your rules does throw this error? It slightly looks like a scheduled rule using a cron expression. Would be nice to know how the code looks like.

If you are not able to identify it please open an issue on GitHub for it. Thanks.

Hi

Did Somebody Upgrade on Ubuntu from 2.5.x to 3 and could Share some Details about the steps to perform?
I understood I can Just install OH3 via apt get and it should Copy over all My Text config? Is that true for Things, items, Scripts, Sitemaps, Rules, persistance and DB configs etc?

Will the install also automatically deactivate the oh2 Service?

I use many bindings with over a 1000 items and have some fear how Long I will need to clear Out all little issues then :laughing:

Check the release notes and scroll to the section titled Upgrade.

Before you do that, check the entire release notes carefully especially if you’re “using many bindings” - v1 bindings will not work.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Permissions on openHABian

4 posts were split to a new topic: openHABian logs

…and was worth an article in the online section of Germany’s biggest IT magazine

2 Likes