Openhab 3.0 users

Hi,

I slowly building my automation interface with Openhab 3.0 and Wago PLC. It works great, but recently I started to wonder what is username and password in the OH Android App. I know I can add users in OH console and it works great. I can login to Paper UI and have different roles for different users but I would like to have authentication in Android App. And I am a bit confused, because when I put login and password application is stopping to work. It doesnt load sitemaps and says somthing about ssl cert. Can somebody help me figure it out?

• Platform information: Raspberry Pi
    • Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage
    • Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
    • openHAB version:
  • Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
  • Please post configurations (if applicable):
    • Items configuration related to the issue
    • Sitemap configuration related to the issue
    • Rules code related to the issue
    • Services configuration related to the issue
  • If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:

First, there is no PaperUI in OH 3. There is MainUI.

The username and password in the Android app is used when your openHAB is behing a reverse proxy that adds additional authentication. For example, if you are using myopenhab.org and have the Cloud Connector add-on installed, you would use your myopenhab.org credentials for the Remote connection. If you have your openHAB exposed to the Internet through nginx or Apache you would use the username and password you configured there.

If you’ve modified the authentication settings in MainUI, you might need to use a username and password even for the local connection.