openHAB 3.2 Release discussion

After upgrading to 3.2 my powerview hub stays offline. I should mention that I am on docker. My network mode is host. The error message I see on the UI is:

BRIDGE_OFFLINE
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: "java.io.EOFException: HttpConnectionOverHTTP@1756b71::SocketChannelEndPoint@7e74a2{l=/10.0.0.3:40494,r=/10.0.0.52:80,ISHUT,fill=-,flush=-,to=10/0}{io=1/0,kio=1,kro=1}->HttpConnectionOverHTTP@1756b71(l:/10.0.0.3:40494 <-> r:/10.0.0.52:80,closed=false)=>HttpChannelOverHTTP@1e1013c(exchange=HttpExchange@1907899{req=HttpRequest[GET /api/sceneCollections/ HTTP/1.1]@138be39[TERMINATED/null] res=HttpResponse[null 0 null]@401a18[PENDING/null]})[send=HttpSenderOverHTTP@10d1c4d(req=QUEUED,snd=COMPLETED,failure=null)[HttpGenerator@183e345{s=START}],recv=HttpReceiverOverHTTP@1505c7a(rsp=IDLE,failure=null)[HttpParser{s=CLOSED,0 of -1}]]"

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

Hi there,
it seems, that in the nuki-binding of 3.2 are some breaking changes because they have changed all the lockstate-codes to lock and unlock the nuki.

i think, it would be good, if you could add this in the ‘breaking-changes’ enumeration of the release-announcement. it tooks me a couple of “magic minutes” in the cold to explore this…

thanks! Ralph

Hi. Thanks for the update!

I updated from the RC1 to the 3.2 Release and now I found a bug. I am not 100% sure that it wasn’t already in the RC1 version, but it wasn’t in the 3.2 M5 Release.

This occures when I open a specific group in my sitemap.

2021-12-22 08:43:11.018 [ERROR] [internal.JSONResponseExceptionMapper] - Unexpected exception occurred while processing REST request.

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at org.openhab.core.ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl.getLabel(ItemUIRegistryImpl.java:450) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.io.rest.sitemap.internal.SitemapResource.createWidgetBean(SitemapResource.java:517) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.io.rest.sitemap.internal.SitemapResource.createPageBean(SitemapResource.java:475) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.io.rest.sitemap.internal.SitemapResource.getPageBean(SitemapResource.java:371) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.io.rest.sitemap.internal.SitemapResource.getPageData(SitemapResource.java:284) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor346.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.cxf.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.performInvocation(AbstractInvoker.java:179) ~[bundleFile:3.4.5]

at org.apache.cxf.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.invoke(AbstractInvoker.java:96) ~[bundleFile:3.4.5]

at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSInvoker.invoke(JAXRSInvoker.java:201) ~[bundleFile:3.4.5]

at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSInvoker.invoke(JAXRSInvoker.java:104) ~[bundleFile:3.4.5]

at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.ServiceInvokerInterceptor$1.run(ServiceInvokerInterceptor.java:59) ~[bundleFile:3.4.5]

at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.ServiceInvokerInterceptor.handleMessage(ServiceInvokerInterceptor.java:96) ~[bundleFile:3.4.5]

at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:308) ~[bundleFile:3.4.5]

at org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiationObserver.java:121) ~[bundleFile:3.4.5]

at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.AbstractHTTPDestination.invoke(AbstractHTTPDestination.java:265) ~[bundleFile:3.4.5]

at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invokeDestination(ServletController.java:234) ~[bundleFile:3.4.5]

at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:208) ~[bundleFile:3.4.5]

at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:160) ~[bundleFile:3.4.5]

at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFNonSpringServlet.invoke(CXFNonSpringServlet.java:225) ~[bundleFile:3.4.5]

at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.handleRequest(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:298) ~[bundleFile:3.4.5]

at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.doGet(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:222) ~[bundleFile:3.4.5]

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:687) ~[bundleFile:3.1.0]

at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.service(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:273) ~[bundleFile:3.4.5]

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:799) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:550) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceServletHandler.doHandle(HttpServiceServletHandler.java:71) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:602) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:235) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:1624) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:233) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1434) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.doHandle(HttpServiceContext.java:294) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:188) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:501) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:1594) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:186) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1349) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:82) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:516) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.lambda$handle$1(HttpChannel.java:388) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.dispatch(HttpChannel.java:633) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:380) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:277) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:311) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:105) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ssl.SslConnection$DecryptedEndPoint.onFillable(SslConnection.java:555) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ssl.SslConnection.onFillable(SslConnection.java:410) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ssl.SslConnection$2.succeeded(SslConnection.java:164) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:105) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint$1.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:104) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.runTask(EatWhatYouKill.java:338) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:315) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.tryProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:173) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:131) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:386) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:883) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$Runner.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:1034) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

Sitemap:

Group item=Wetterstation label="Wetterstation" icon="sun_clouds"

Items:

Group                           Wetterstation                                   "Wetterstation"                         <sun>                   (Aussenbereich)

Number:Pressure                 HttpListenerWetterstation_BaromIn               "Luftdruck [%.1f hPa]"                  <pressure>              (Wetterstation, gHistory)          ["Measurement", "Pressure"]                 { channel="httplistener:HttpListener:weatherstation:BaromIn" }        
Number:Temperature              HttpListenerWetterstation_TempF                 "Temperatur [%.1f °C]"                  <temperature>           (Wetterstation, gHistory)          ["Measurement", "Temperature"]              { channel="httplistener:HttpListener:weatherstation:TempF" }          
Number:Temperature              HttpListenerWetterstation_DewPointF             "Taupunkt [%.1f °C]"                    <temperature>           (Wetterstation, gHistory)          ["Measurement", "Temperature"]              { channel="httplistener:HttpListener:weatherstation:DewPointF" }      
Number                          HttpListenerWetterstation_Humidity              "Luftfeuchtigkeit [%.1f %%]"            <humidity>              (Wetterstation, gHistory)          ["Measurement", "Humidity"]                 { channel="httplistener:HttpListener:weatherstation:Humidity" }       
Number:Speed                    HttpListenerWetterstation_WindSpeedMph          "Windgeschwindigkeit [%.1f km/h]"       <wind>                  (Wetterstation, gHistory)          ["Measurement", "Wind"]                     { channel="httplistener:HttpListener:weatherstation:WindSpeedMph" }   
Number:Speed                    HttpListenerWetterstation_WindGustMph           "Windböe [%.1f km/h]"                   <wind>                  (Wetterstation)                    ["Measurement", "Wind"]                     { channel="httplistener:HttpListener:weatherstation:WindGustMph" }    
Number:Angle                    HttpListenerWetterstation_WindDir               "Windrichtung"                          <wind>                  (Wetterstation)                    ["Point"]                                   { channel="httplistener:HttpListener:weatherstation:WindDir" }        
Number                   HttpListenerWetterstation_RainIn                "Regenmenge [%.1f mm/h]"                <rain>                  (Wetterstation, gHistory)          ["Measurement", "Rain"]                     { channel="httplistener:HttpListener:weatherstation:RainIn" }         
Number:Length                   HttpListenerWetterstation_DailyRainIn           "Regenmenge (Tag)"                      <rain>                  (Wetterstation, gHistory)          ["Measurement", "Rain"]                     { channel="httplistener:HttpListener:weatherstation:DailyRainIn" }    
Number:Intensity                HttpListenerWetterstation_SolarRadiation        "Sonnenstrahlung [%.1f W/m²]"           <sun>                   (Wetterstation, gHistory)          ["Point"]                                   { channel="httplistener:HttpListener:weatherstation:SolarRadiation" } 
Number                          HttpListenerWetterstation_UV                    "UV"                                    <sun>                   (Wetterstation, gHistory)          ["Measurement", "Ultraviolet"]              { channel="httplistener:HttpListener:weatherstation:UV" }             
Number:Temperature              HttpListenerWetterstation_IndoorTempF           "Innentemperatur [%.1f °C]"             <temperature>           (Wetterstation, gHistory)          ["Measurement", "Temperature"]              { channel="httplistener:HttpListener:weatherstation:IndoorTempF" }    
Number                          HttpListenerWetterstation_IndoorHumidity        "Innenluftfeuchtigkeit [%.1f %%]"       <humidity>              (Wetterstation, gHistory)          ["Measurement", "Humidity"]                 { channel="httplistener:HttpListener:weatherstation:IndoorHumidity" } 

Update to 3.2 went smoothly for apt based install on Raspberry Pi 4.
No bugs found so far.
Many thanks :pray:

1 Like

I updated from 3.1.1 to 3.2 on openhabian 1.7, I had a filepermission issue. But after fixing that it works smoothly now.

Thx devs!

Hi there - Thanks for the great work on this release. Most of my integrations have come back to life and are looking good, with the exception of the CBUS binding, which is throwing an exception on startup.

See the discussion at C-Bus binding for more details, however the title does not link it to the 3.2.0 upgrade, as the user was trying to setup cbus integration for the first time since installing 3.2.0, so it would not have been obvious that it was a regression.

I have raised the following bug ticket for this:

Looking at the changes in the binding for 3.2.0, there are no material changes applied other than the “spotless” & “crowdin” changes applied across all the bindings, so hard to imagine it is anything to do with those, so perhaps more an underlying change in the OpenHAB framework causing the regression? (disclaimer: I’m not a java programmer, so don’t take the above observation as a statement of fact :slight_smile: )

FYI @jpharvey

Cheers

Thanks for reporting the bug. I spotted this a few weeks ago and have a fix. I just havent found time to create the pull request for it. Let me try to get that done in the next couple of days. If not it might need to wait until Christmas.
It was a change in an underlying class of Openhab that caused it, not a change in the binding.

1 Like

Thank you so much, I upgraded a couple of days ago, and although I am ok with programming rules, blockly is just so easy and fast.
This release really feels like openhab matured a great bit.
Just two minor things:
In the logs, I often get a penhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent or even hab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent. This is not always the case and is not really a problem, but just wanted to tell you about it.
Also it would be great if the item state suggestions I can put behind an MQTT item would show up everywhere I interact with the item, for example blockly.

Thanks, had the same bug, updating from the last milestone using openhabian upgrade.

I agree. I’ve tried OH a few times before and never felt comfortable and when I came across issues they always seemed to be known and awaiting a fix in a future version so I reverted to HA This seems very solid.

Well done to all those involved in 3.2

2 Likes

After updating to 3.2 I see my MainUI on a wall mounted display (iOS) not reacting to button presses anymore after a couple of hours and the button does not reflect the actual state anymore. However, a press on the three dots to open an expandable card still works.
THIS problem did not appear with 3.1 Milestone releases.

Error log:

2021-12-23 19:24:27.893 [ERROR] [rg.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils] - No message body reader has been found for class java.lang.String, ContentType: application/octet-stream
2021-12-23 19:24:27.918 [WARN ] [s.impl.WebApplicationExceptionMapper] - javax.ws.rs.WebApplicationException: HTTP 415 Unsupported Media Type
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils.readFromMessageBody(JAXRSUtils.java:1473)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils.processRequestBodyParameter(JAXRSUtils.java:950)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils.processParameters(JAXRSUtils.java:881)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSInInterceptor.processRequest(JAXRSInInterceptor.java:215)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSInInterceptor.handleMessage(JAXRSInInterceptor.java:79)
	at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:308)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiationObserver.java:121)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.AbstractHTTPDestination.invoke(AbstractHTTPDestination.java:265)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invokeDestination(ServletController.java:234)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:208)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:160)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFNonSpringServlet.invoke(CXFNonSpringServlet.java:225)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.handleRequest(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:298)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.doPost(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:217)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.service(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:273)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:799)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:550)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceServletHandler.doHandle(HttpServiceServletHandler.java:71)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:602)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:235)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:1624)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:233)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1434)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.doHandle(HttpServiceContext.java:294)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:188)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:501)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:1594)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:186)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1349)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:82)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:516)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.lambda$handle$1(HttpChannel.java:388)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.dispatch(HttpChannel.java:633)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:380)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:277)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:311)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:105)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint$1.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.runTask(EatWhatYouKill.java:338)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:315)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.tryProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:173)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:131)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:386)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:883)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$Runner.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:1034)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)

I just successfully upgraded from 3.1 to 3.2. No hiccup at all. And I was able to remove the MyQ jar file in the add-ons folder now that it’s part of the 3.2 distribution. Love the new binding UI. Thanks all and happy holidays!

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Error message during 3.2 start-up

3 posts were split to a new topic: InfluxDB persistence configuration

12 posts were split to a new topic: OpenJDK and Zulu in openHABian

I use Zulu 11 OpenJDK. It was installed via openhabian.

In the meantime I’ve set up a fresh openhabian install. Unfortunately, the problem (see Error message during start-up after updating from 3.1.1 to 3.2: [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing add-ons) persits when I restore my configuration.

A post was split to a new topic: Failed to install MQTT binding

Not quite, it is to eventually discuss identified and confirmed issues with the software that were introduced in 3.2. This thread is to quickly get maintainers an overview of what’s eventually bad in most recent changes, strictly speaking that would be changes between the last milestone i.e. 3.2M5, and the final 3.2 release.
Getting that overview will not work if we discuss any 3.2 related issue here so my request regarding discussion on the milestone applies here likewise and I will keep splitting if necessary.

2 Likes

Since update from 3.1.1 to 3.2 rrd4j items with COUNTER in services/rrd4j.cfg seems not to work anymore. The values included in database are all zero. Has there something been changed? I only could find that rrd4j was updated to a newer version.

ctr24h.def=COUNTER,900,0,U,60
ctr24h.archives=AVERAGE,0.5,1,480:AVERAGE,0.5,10,144
ctr24h.items=Item1,Item2

4 posts were split to a new topic: Unsupported HTTP Media Type after upgrade to 3.2