openHAB 3.2 Release discussion

the look changed a bit but the entry to start with in the menu is the same.
You need to login with your admin account.

Thanks for your reply.
Seems like I got everything now after I restarted openHAB.

I discovered the same issue. I’m monitoring energy consumption with openhab and rrd4j using COUNTER definitions like yours.
This has been working for a year with openhab 3.1 but was broken after upgrading to 3.2. All values are now zero.

I had to downgrade to openhab 3.1 to keep my use cases working.

The problem seams to be more far-reaching. I looks like rrd4j has a problem getting data when the query is done during the file update.

I can confirm that the System Info binding seems to cause issues. I also received a ton of log messages including the “jvmfield” message.
I went ahead and did a complete new setup of my openHAB instance with a backup, but the issue was still there. It was only resolved when removing the System Info binding.

I have updated from 3.1.0 to 3.2.0 but I cannot find the marketplace.
I have even enabled to show not published add-ons.
But when I go to Add-ons → User interfaces, I only see the section “Other UI Add-ons” but no widgets from the community.
And under Add-ons → Automation, I do not see rule templates from the community.
What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Edit:
I have one NPE during start about some HTTP error, but I don’t know what that is. Otherwise no exceptions, only these warnings:

2022-02-05 11:42:35.982 [WARN ] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - The binding add-on 'http1' does not exist - ignoring it.
2022-02-05 11:42:35.999 [WARN ] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - The binding add-on 'fritzboxtr0641' does not exist - ignoring it.
2022-02-05 11:42:36.002 [WARN ] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - The binding add-on 'expire1' does not exist - ignoring it.
2022-02-05 11:42:36.005 [WARN ] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - The binding add-on 'wol1' does not exist - ignoring it.
2022-02-05 11:42:36.021 [WARN ] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - The misc add-on 'market' does not exist - ignoring it.
2022-02-05 11:42:36.039 [WARN ] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - The ui add-on 'restdocs' does not exist - ignoring it.
2022-02-05 11:42:36.040 [WARN ] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - The ui add-on 'homebuilder' does not exist - ignoring it.
2022-02-05 11:42:36.041 [WARN ] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - The ui add-on 'classic' does not exist - ignoring it.
2022-02-05 11:42:36.042 [WARN ] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - The ui add-on 'paper' does not exist - ignoring it.

Edit 2:
After restarting openHAB, I have the marketplace stuff. Weird

You’ve got some ancient OH2 history in your addons.cfg file. It would be wise to tidy that up, this can cause poor performance when trying repeatedly to install non-available addons.

Thanks, but there is nothing in conf/services/addons.cfg.

same here. I even stopped OH3, openhab-cli clear-cache'd my installation and still got this
 strange. It’s my remote installation. Next time I’ll backup the config, put in a vanilla openhabian and restore to see, if it helps. must be some real strange config still floating around somewhere

OK, got it. Those old addons were configured in userdata/config/org/openhab/addons.config.

1 Like

hmmm. it does contain all OH3 configuration, right? So, just remove the *1 bindings from the list?

but why are they in there in the first place?

Legacy of OH2. addons.config is a system-built cache, it may still contain stuff that is no longer in addons.cfg etc.

so, I can just delete that file?

I removed only the addons that caused warnings from this file.

2 Likes

I have a manual install via apt.
In OH web admin, it says I am on release build 3.1.0
When I try to update (sudo apt update openhab) it says I am already on 3.2.0.

Any idea?

should be

sudo apt upgrade openhab

what does

dpkg -l openhab

return ?

Hi Wolfgang,
Thanks. Sure should be apt upgrade, sorry.

dpkg -l gives following

pi@schlaubi:~ $ dpkg -l openhab
GewĂŒnscht=Unbekannt/Installieren/R=Entfernen/P=VollstĂ€ndig Löschen/Halten
| Status=Nicht/Installiert/Config/U=Entpackt/halb konFiguriert/
         Halb installiert/Trigger erWartet/Trigger anhÀngig
|/ Fehler?=(kein)/R=Neuinstallation notwendig (Status, Fehler: GROSS=schlecht)
||/ Name           Version      Architektur  Beschreibung
+++-==============-============-============-=================================
ii  openhab        3.2.0-1      all          openhab

I actualla thought I did upgrade this instance before to 3.2.0 so potentiall only showing wrong version. Puzzled?

Based on the dpkg output the package IS updated.
Do you know if the service was restarted after it was upgraded ?

Yes, was restarted couple times. Just did it without change. I guess I will wait for 3.3 to come out.
Thanks

Here it is shown correct. I most probably also did a clear/clean cache.