openHAB 3.4 Milestone discussion

No - I mean the latest snapshot.

grafik

I realize this might have not been the appropriate thread to ask this question though …

this might have not been the appropriate thread to ask this question

Indeed, but to answer it nonetheless: Also the latest snapshot still works for me without issues…

It’s a non-issue.
I had a space in the folder name (3.4 Snap) and somehow this made problems :roll_eyes:
Once I renamed it to 3.4_Snap everything works again.

2 Likes

helllo, i’ve installed latest image of openhabian on RPI and worked, but after update to SNAPSHOT 3.4.0 i cannot login.
i reache the login page, but when i write username (admin) and password, it flash to the admin page but return to login page. tried everything but nothing worked for me…
any help for me?

thanks a lot

Seeing the same behavior here. openhab-3.4.0~S3124 updated this morning and can’t login now. Running it on a Rocky Linux 8.6 system. I reset the password using the console and still can’t login.

The log is showing:

2022-10-12 08:48:24.605 [WARN ] [uth.internal.AbstractAuthPageServlet] - Authentication failed from [ipv6 address]: Wrong password for user username

It’s a known error, please try this workaroud until it is fixed:

1 Like

Yep, added that and got webUI access again.

Upgraded to 3.4.0.M3 and started getting the errors:

2022-10-17 20:15:00.176 [ERROR] [hab.automation.script.file.garage.js] - Failed to execute rule Garage-Doors---Check-Every-5-Minutes-234f36c9-33db-430f-abdb-25c78dd8c074: TypeError: (intermediate value).get is not a function: TypeError: (intermediate value).get is not a function
        at execute (garage.js:56)
        at doExecute (webpack://openhab/./node_modules/openhab/rules/rules.js?:243)
2022-10-17 20:15:00.195 [ERROR] [e.automation.internal.RuleEngineImpl] - Failed to execute rule 'Garage-Doors---Check-Every-5-Minutes-234f36c9-33db-430f-abdb-25c78dd8c074': Fail to execute action: 1

the offending line is:

if (actions.get('astro', 'astro:sun:home').getElevation(null) > 0) {

I downgraded to 3.4.0.M2 and the errors stopped occurring,

I have to inform that Shelly support for Shelly 1 devices (not Plus/Pro) is broken in 3.4M3 due to the updated Californium libs (2.0.0 → 2.7.3) included in the dist. The code compiles, bit the binding doesn‘t receives Coap traffic.

I noticed the merged issue by mistake, but hadn‘t the chance to test before M3 was closed.

@openhab-core-maintainers: Please inform binding authors on changes like that. Every update of included libraries could break binding compatibility and should be verified by the binding author/

2 Likes

@markus7017 Sorry, Markus, you’re obviously right, we should have done so. :frowning:
Do you see any chance to fix those issues in Shelly or would we need to downgrade Californium again?

I need to investigate. I did some testing and found out that it works in general, but the events are delayed by 5-10sec compared to 100…500ms before. This is not acceptable for the user. I have no clue if this is related to an architectural change, missing initialization setting, comm problem etc. Maybe I need to contact the Californium project.

I would prefer to revert the change before M5 is coming and I was not able to fix it. I‘ll spend some time at the weekend on this.

By the way: The Tradfi binding might also be affected, it also uses Californium

Ok, I was able to fix the problem. The multicast initialization needed another parameter with Californium 2.7.3. @fwolter I submitted a PR and requested your review. Maybe we could push this a little bit as a hot fix for M3 users.

@wborn I noticed that there is Californium 2.7.4. If you consider to bump to the latest version let me know. If so we should do it now and test, so M3 is broken for Shelly and M4 works with changes in sync.

5 Likes

@Kai pls update download page to include M4

I already did, but for some reason, the website build fails… We’re on it.

Should be solved now.

2 Likes

@Kai @Confectrician not yet

https://github.com/openhab/openhab-distro/releases/download/3.4.0.M4/openhab-3.4.0.M4.zip not found

Seems like the uploads are missing or went wrong.
I have no access to upload, but @Kai can take care of it later. The download urls should be working then right away.

Mea culpa. I am still not used to do the additional step of uploading the artifacts to Gitlab after a release… Now they are there!

1 Like

Good morning!

Yersterday I did an update. First to the M3, later to the M4 version.
After updating to M3 I had a problem with the sonos binding. Maybe its caused to the Upnp.
In the Karaf Console some states are “Waiting”

257 │ Waiting │  80 │ 2.6.1                  │ JUPnP Library
277 │ Waiting │  80 │ 3.4.0.M4               │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Sonos Binding
279 │ Waiting │  80 │ 3.4.0.M4               │ openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Configuration UPnP Discovery
287 │ Waiting │  80 │ 3.4.0.M4               │ openHAB Core :: Bundles :: UPnP Transport

I came from 3.4M2. In M2 everything was working fine. What can I do to solve this problem?

The problem looks solved. I restored the backup from 3.4M2 and everything is working fine now.