openHAB 3.4 Release discussion

I upgraded to 3.4.1 (from 3.3) and no manual jar in the /usr/share/openhab/addon folder is loaded anymore. I’ve tried different files/jar’s, checked file permissions, restarted multiple times but no go.

Nothing in the logs indicate trying to load them even, it’s like a setting that disables manual files has been activated somehow without me knowing about it …what am I missing? :woozy_face:

In my experience, it helps to delete the files from the addons folder, wait a couple of minutes, and then add the files to the folder again. (Keep copies elsewhere before deleting…)

enable debug logging for org.apache.karaf and org.openhab then move the jar(s)

Clean the cache.

Hello all,
Is there a description about the “private Cache” feature and what is the benefit of it?

It lets UI rules preserve variables from one run of the rule to the next in a standard and universally (i.e. supported by all rules langauges) applicable manner. For text based rules you can just use a global variable.

Note the sharedCache does the same but can share data between different rules, not just the one rule.

It’s in the documentation: JSR223 Scripting | openHAB and also linked from Rules | openHAB.

I tried but there seems to be no activity when booting with files in place nor moving them out/in of the folder, nothing in the logs. It just doesn’t seem to trigger in the folder, really weird.
Also tried enabling/uncommenting the explicit folder settings (DEFAULTS PATHS) in /etc/default/openhab but that didn’t help either… is there a process/bundle that needs to be active that monitors the folder to trigger a loading of a new .jar file? something I can check? :face_with_monocle:

Thanks for helping!

Was there a change to rule functions like .toString or split?
Some of my rules where i use .state.toString.split("\\.") stopped working and only return NULL.
The item is defined as ‘Number’ and contains the battery level of a sensor with 10 decimal places.

Nevermind, it was a configuration error that wasn´t causing errors before 3.4

Hello,

strange behaviour in the rule trigering…

With this rule evrything is fine:

rules.JSRule({
  name: "siebendreisig",
  description: "siebendreisig",
  triggers: [triggers.TimeOfDayTrigger('07:42')],
    execute: (event) => {
  console.log("siebensiebenzwanzig");
  },
  tags: ["teset", "Tsest"],
  id: "siebendreisig"
});

2023-02-01 07:42:17.120 [INFO ] [enhab.automation.script.file.test.js] - siebensiebenzwanzig

But with this one not but why???

rules.JSRule({
  name: "siebendreisig",
  description: "siebendreisig",
  triggers: [triggers.TimeOfDayTrigger('00:01')],
    execute: (event) => {
  console.log("siebensiebenzwanzig");
  },
  tags: ["teset", "Tsest"],
  id: "siebendreisig"
});

2023-02-01 01:29:45.079 [INFO ] [enhab.automation.script.file.test.js] - siebensiebenzwanzig

It’s a bug or a feature?

After Upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4.1 backup file increased. I found out, that under /var/lib/openhab/ a new folder “kar" was created with all add ons included.

All add ons are also stored under /var/lib/openhab/tmp/kar/*

In the main UI the option “Access Remote Repository” is enabled. The change of that option didnt bring a solution.

Further infos can be found here: After Upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4.1 backup file increased

Hey,

i updated from 3.3 to the latest 3.4 version. AFter the update my HUE Bridge ( Deconz) does not come back. If i enable the Thing, it gets the status UNKNOWN.

The NUKI-Bridge stucks at status “INITIALIZING”.

I have deleted the HUE binding and installed it again, but it will not start correctly. I have configure the HTTP-Port.

Try with 3.4.2. If problem persists, please tell us what detailed status is reported by MainUI.

I have installed the newest 3.4.2 version. In the mainUi I get no error or message. The state switch from disabled to unknown instantly.

Why “disabled” ? Are you disabling your thing ?
Do you mean in MainUI, you see your thing status being OFFLINE with no status message ? That is strange.
You are talking about the bridge thing or a thing like one of your lights ?
Please show the corresponding lines in file events.log when your thing changed status.

Perhaps it is one of the following recent Issues HERE ??

I did a upgrade from the version 3.3 to 3.4.2 and disaster started for me. Before I had a stable working ebus adapter connected on adroid n2+ and address was /dev/ttyAML1 under eBus bridge. After upgrade connection no longer working. I can see only : Connecting to eBUS …
I need help with it, don’t know what’s reason and how to solve. Hardware is still the same. Only upgrade was done.

This seems to be a double post of https://community.openhab.org/t/after-oh-upgrade-ebus-adapter-not-working/
I am replying there.

Hi, since Upgrade to openHAB 3.4.4 - Release Build, i hab to refresh the Main UI (STRG F5) to login.
I am using Firefox 113.0.2 (64-Bit), with Edge it seems to be OK.

Hi! I was running openHAB 3.4.2 and did the following to update to 3.4.5 in openhabian-config.
Chose point 01. OpenHABian version was set to openHab 3 so I chose execute. Then chose point 02. Upgrade the system.
OpenHAB was then upgraded to 3.4.4.
Did I do something wrong? Should I do another upgrade?

This is not related to the openHAB 3.4.5 itself, so does not belong here. Please open a new topic.