Openhab 3 + Deconz INCREASE/DECREASE is not working

Hi,
I cannot get the INCREASE and DECREASE commands to work from Openhab 3, i have tried with both 3.0.0.M1 and 3.0.0-snapshot. It works from Openhab 2.4.0.

I am trying to control dimmable items, “ElkoDimmerZHA”, and “TRADFRI bulb E27 opal 1000lm”

I have tried sending the commands with both rules, and through the API. I have verified that the commands work when using it on another item on another binding (the volume on my Samsung TV in this case).
Other commands works as they should, like ON/OFF, and specific values ex. 10, 50, 100.

My setup:
Openhab 3.0.0.M1 and 3.0.0-snapshot running Docker.
Openhabb 2.4.0 running on a machine with Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

Is there anyone else experiencing the same as me?

Does it work with the latest Stable version. 2.5.9 ?

I just tested with 2.5.9 (docker). It doesn’t work there either. It looks the same in the log, it says that the item received the command, but the state and light are still the same value.

from the log:

2020-10-24 13:59:03.461 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘IkeaLys1E27Hvit_Brightness’ received command INCREASE
2020-10-24 13:59:30.173 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Elko316Dimmer1_Brightness’ received command INCREASE

Actually, i realized that it may have never worked. I was spinning up a version 2.4.0 on Docker, just to see if it worked there, and i realized that lights is not supported on Deconz version 2.4.0 (not sure when the support was implemented). So i have actually been using the HUE binding to controll the lights on my running 2.4.0, and the Deconz only for switches and sensors. I will test the HUE binding on version 3.x.

Anyhow, shouldn’t INCREASE/DECREASE command work when controlling dimmable items through Deconz 3.x ?

I have now confirmed that the INCREASE/DECREASE works when i add the same lights through the HUE binding instead of the Deconz binding. This works for me as a workaround (as it has before :wink:)

Should i post the issue as a bug/feature request somewhere? Or is this the right place?

Deconz 3.x would be just 2.X modified for OH3 paths & Java version.

1 Like

Not all bindings support all possible commands.

If the underlying technology permits them create an enhancement request on github for the binding.

2 Likes