openHAB 3 from 2.x migration

Hi there,

I have managed to rebuild my openHAB with openHABian and OH3 all via the main UI. A big thank you to all who contribute to this wonderful project! Even though I have been around from a 1.x environment I still think of myself as a beginner and have found OH3 to be much easier to get going.

I only have one challenge, self inflicted no doubt, I have this warning popping up frequently in the log viewer,
2021-01-04 15:19:37.373 [WARN ] [e.internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder] - Attempting to send a state update of an item which doesn't exist: undefined

I don’t know how to track down the item which doesn’t exist, I have around 200 items. Is there a way to identify what item it might be referring to so I can resolve?

Cheers,

I had the same problem after upgrading, clearing cache and tmp solved it.

1 Like

I could be wrong but this seems to happen when your using the UI and tell the core to restart. Nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I might give clearing the cache a try and see how it goes.

I am sure I would have been using main UI when I restarted/shutdown to take a copy of the SD card, on a couple of occasions.

Cheers,

Hello,
are there any experiences with the migration/update from OH2.5.xx to OH3 with the enocean binding?

best regards
Georg

Hey,
I upgraded my system to OH3 a few weeks ago.
Everything with the Enocean Binding is working fine.

I use about 90 Enocean Things and over 100 linked items.
No Problem at all.

Make sure to backup your system first :wink:

Best regards
Dirk

Hello Dirk,
do you also use rules? I have a rule with a switch / case scenario. I didn’t find information whether this scenario is also available in the OH3.
Do I have to set up the model also? As far as I know it the models haven’t been there in OH2.

best regards
Georg

Hi @Georg1975 ,
I also use rules. Nearly all my rules worked in OH3 without touching them. Only a few needed to be slightly tweaked so that oh3 will understand them.
Afaik all rules from oh2 are compatible to oh3.

You don’t need to use the semantic model for the enocean binding, it will work without it. But it is nice to have for the dashboard so I updated all my items.
You only need to make sure that you don’t use deprecated code eg tags for HomeKit. These won’t be recognized in oh3 anymore.

Best regards
Dirk

There are some breaking changes in the release notes that you should read beforehand. Notably for rules, triggeringItem is now only applicable for Member of group triggers.

Thank you for your reply.

best regards
Georg