OpenHAB 3 zwave items/channels only updating after saving the item

Hi there,

I recently upgraded my openHAB from 2.5 to the latest 3 snapshot. I almost converted all my items/rules/etc. from textual to openHAB3 when I started to encounter a weird issue with some Zwave devices not updating the items.

At first I suspected an issue with the Zwave binding, used debug mode and could see all messages just fine. Still, the items would not update (mostly light switches, no battery devices).

The weird thing: once I went to the things, then to the channel and via that to the linked item and just save (nothing else) the item would update just fine.

After a reboot: same issue again.
But it only happens for a few Zwave devices - mostly the Oomi FT116 switch: http://manuals-backend.z-wave.info/make.php?lang=en&sku=FT116-C&cert=ZC10-17035527

Did anyone notice a similar behavior with the items?

This may be related to The channelLinked method is not called after restart · Issue #1707 · openhab/openhab-core · GitHub , its a known issue in the zwave addon. @chris is looking into it.

1 Like

Good to know, thank you @digitaldan!
Workaround for now then is to just save the things and not restart OH3 for a while :slight_smile:

FYI i submitted a fix for this which was merged in over the weekend, so nightly builds should be getting this, but it will be in the next snapshot version for sure.

1 Like

Thank you @digitaldan,

I just updated to the latest Zwave snapshot and the switches are working again!

openhab> bundle:list -s | grep zwave
251 x Active x  80 x 3.1.0.202101050341      x org.openhab.binding.zwave

What I do not understand though is that I was on the previous snapshot version of the binding and it did not work even though your commit was listed for the Jan 4th version…

However, since it is working now I am a happy camper! Thanks again