Openhab App & KNX & Controlling Itself

Just some generic advice and observations:
Disconnect your system from the Internet (if feasible).
If problem persists: Could it be an inside job?

Commands seem to be quasi-equidistant:
grafik

A (PID) controller running havoc or a (malevolent) script? Since external lights are also affected at the same time, I wouldn’t rule out a hack.

Thanks for your advice. No not an inside job. Im the only one out of my family that knows how to run it or control it :grinning:

The KNX IP/router doesnt have any open ports or port redirection to it, so I actually cant see how anyone could hack into the KNX Ip/router.

It must be openhab getting hacked or Alexa getting hacked?

Have you checked if there is any open port on your router using shodan.io ?

no, I havent wolfgang, but I will. However, it has just this minute happened again, but I now think its the alexa app. It has picked up the CH temp set point as a thermostat in devices, which was set to 25 deg c. I dig log into the alexa app at around the same time logs. I have now deleted this thermostat on the Alexa App, and I will wait and see. .

Strange thing though, it ( alexa) never pick up the DHW temp adjust as a device on the app, and that keeps getting adjusted up to 75 degs.

Looks like it was the Alexa app, and the thermostat it had picked up. I deleted that device and its been good since!

1 Like

Did you create some kind of Alexa routines? Just wondering why Alexa would change settings on her own?

Not in regard to the thermostat. I think Alexa found the ‘thermostat’ and made it a device, but it wasnt really configured on my KNX things as a thermostat, so it got confused. I do remember, asking alexa to turn the TV off one night, and Alexa sort off froze, didnt turn the TV off, then next thing I knew, the hot water temperature setting had increased 25 degs C.

Thanks for your help though!

I just wanted to check for you (and other readers), if there’s something to be aware of - as many of us have amazonechocontrol active with thermostats and others…

no problem.