OpenHAB cloud connector keeps falling offline

Hi I have a weird problem.

My local openHAB local server keeps showing as disconnected from the cloud service (and as such Alexa and Google no longer work). To bring it back up i need to restart the local service (by updating the configuration in PaperUI). The weird thing is even though it is showing as offline in myopenhab my notifications are still coming through.

Any thoughts, there is nothing showing in my logs, though i haven’t turned on the debug logs

Try stopping/starting OH from the command line.

sudo systemctl stop openhab2

sudo systemctl start openhab2

That’s fine as a workaround, but it keeps stopping. I have no idea why.

When I have this issue starting and stopping works for several weeks. How often are you seeing this issue?

It’s happened multiple time over the last week. I can either start and stop the openHAB service or start and stop the cloud connector. Like i said the funny thing is even though it is showing as offline my notifications are still coming through

It’s an issue in the cloud where it marks an openHAB instance offline whereas it isn’t. See also:

2 Likes

I had the same issue.
I had to create two items to restart openHAB service and openHAB cloud connector, using linux scripts launched by exec binding with root privileges:
restart openHAB service -> sudo systemctl restart openhab2
restart openHAB cloud connector -> sshpass -p ‘[Karaf console password]’ ssh -q -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no openhab@localhost -p8101 ‘bundle:restart org.openhab.io.openhabcloud’

1 Like