openHAB Cloud expose items, I need guidance

items
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f0141963450>

(Paul Miller) #1

Hi,
I have had a search of the forum and cannot find anything recent regarding items not being exposed to openhab cloud. And I seem to be having a few issues in the same area so I think this is my problem but not sure how to correct it.

I am trying to have a simple way top expose a list of items from OH2.4 tp myopenhab cloud service.

The two ways I am aware of both seem to have issues for me and I am also not sure which is prioritised if I have used both, and also how to clean it all so that I can start again.

PAPERUI
In the PaperUI if I look there I currently see the following.

The “one” item is this ‘cHolly_Phone,cZac_Phone,cOrian_Phone,cPaul_Phone,cSue_Phone,cSue_Tag,LocalWeather_Current_WindGust,Current_Pollen (cHolly_Phone,cZac_Phone,cOrian_Phone,cPaul_Phone,cSue_Phone,cSue_Tag,LocalWeather_Current_WindGust,Current_Pollen)’

CONFIG FILE
This correspionds to the list
I have specified in my /etc/openhab2/services/openhabcloud.cfg file

openhabcloud:expose=cHolly_Phone,cZac_Phone,cOrian_Phone,cPaul_Phone,cSue_Phone,cSue_Tag,LocalWeather_Current_WindGust,Current_Pollen

PROBLEM
However the log entry I recently got says that these items are NOT exposed.

2019-01-09 09:43:34.158 [WARN ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Received command from openHAB Cloud for item 'cPaul_Phone', which is not exposed.
	Line 21476: 2019-01-09 10:34:29.089 [WARN ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Received command from openHAB Cloud for item 'cPaul_Phone', which is not exposed.

and if I look at the items list on myopenhab server it has a completely different list AND I note that it has seen no update for around a week, which is probably when I last played in this area…

I am sure there is an easy explanation, can some one point it out to me (gently please).

Thanks

Paul

(Rich Koshak) #2

I don’t know the cause of your problem nor do I have an explanation for how to proceed except to say what I would do.

I believe the text config will take precedence over what is done in PaperUI.

So what I would do is delete all the Items configured to be shared in PaperUI (i.e. make them no longer listed in the cloud connector config, don’t delete the actual Items).

Delete all the Items configured to be shared from the cfg file, probably just comment out the line.

Stop OH.

Find and delete /var/lib/openhab2/org/openhab/openhabcloud.conf (I think it’s there, you may need to root around a bit if not).

Log into myopenhab.org and delete the Items listed there (it isn’t responding for me right now so I can’t tell you where, but I think you can find it).

This should clear out all the old stuff.

Start OH.

Re add the Items to be shared using PaperUI OR the cfg file, which ever is your personal preference for this sort of config.

Exercise all the Items. They will not appear in myopenhab.org until they receive an event after being shared.

Good luck!

(Paul Miller) #3

Thanks Rich, I will give that a go in the morning.

(Paul Miller) #4

I foolowed most of what yhou suggested and I seem to be a better place, there are still some odditys though. I am now thinking there may be some bugs in the paperui openHABCloud expose list that needs rectifying. See the end for what I consider to be bugs.

What I did:

1. I commented out the expose line from the services config file
  2. I deleted the list in the paperui openHABCloud expose list.
  3. I stopped OH
  4. I logged into myopenhab.org and deleted all items and events
  5. added the items to be added using the config file
  6. exercised each item in turn through REST and checked they appeared in the myopenhab.org website list.

That seemed fine, I have avoided PaperUI list for a few reasons.

1. The list selection mechanism is awful to work with, the list is too small as a drop down and is not sorted using the item name but instead it uses the quoted element text".
  2. There is no simply way to find which item(s) are already selected.
  3. Adding one item seems to overide what was previously selected, this along with the other two points above makes the selection method really poor for me.
  4. I added around twenty items using the expose parameter in the cfg file and it is reporting a 175 items as being selected. Not sure why. I think this is a bug.

see screen shot

Thanks Rich for you help, I will hopefully make some progress now that my items are being exposed to the cloud correctly.

Paul