OpenHab Cloud Installation

@BobRak,

is this still a problem?
Without the openhab db it wont start. So you need to switch (if installed properly) to it by “use openhab”

Let me know if you still got problems…

BR mhmet

Mehmet:

Thanks for following up. I wanted a local Openhab-cloud installation
because I am developing a binding for the Smartthings Hub and thought I
would have to use their cloud interface to interact with it. But, I have
since figured out I can talk to the hub over my local LAN. Therefore, I
have stopped trying to do a local installation of Openhab-cloud.

Thanks,

Bob

1 Like

Hi,

I could access my Openhab setup by using http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:3000/basicui/app or http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:3000/classicui/app (internet browser in Windows).
What I couldn’t get working was how my Openhab app (habdroid) could get access. Any ideas about the link I should use?

Thanks !

hi,
you need to add you url http://XXX:8080 for the local URL in Settings of the app.
BTW you re here at the wrong topic…this is here for openHAB cloud.

Hi,

I have installed a local instance of Openhab cloud on a Ubuntu server. I also want to connect Habdroid to it allowing me to have notifications and better authentication. The following links do work: http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:3000/basicui/index.html, http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:3000/classicui/index.html and http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:3000/habpanel/index.html.
Unfortunately I cannot connect Habroid. However it works if I use the shared solution “www.myopenhab.org”.
Any ideas?

Hi,

@Fdewaele,

you need to give habDroid your machines adress like http://your-IP:8080.

Did you try this? What is the error?

BR Mehmet

Hi all,

I am able to setup a local instance of openhab cloud, and run it on a vagrant box. The cloud website is functional and I can access via localhost:3000. Now I have added the cloud connector to openHab, the cloud server url to localhost:3000, the cloud website still display the openhab is offline. I see the debug log is pinging:

2017-03-10T07:50:40.564Z - debug: openHAB-cloud: Checking for offline openHABs (0)

I checked the uuid and secret are both set already. Anything else I’m missing? I tried myopenhab.org and on there I can make it online.

Did you ever get an answer to the question " how to make yourself admin" ??

I’m running the makeadmin.js script on my own openhabcloud installation but get a MongoDB auth error

I still have problems and get the following log.
I have followed the quick start desciption, get this error

bt@OpenHab:/home/Unbuntu/openhab-cloud$ sudo node app.js
2017-06-19T21:55:21.396Z - info: openHAB-cloud: Backend service is starting up…
2017-06-19T21:55:21.405Z - info: openHAB-cloud: Backend logging initialized…
2017-06-19T21:55:21.889Z - info: openHAB-cloud: Initializing XMPP connection to GCM
2017-06-19T21:55:22.334Z - info: openHAB-cloud: Mailer will emulate sending in development environment
2017-06-19T21:55:22.491Z - info: openHAB-cloud: Connecting ro Redis at 127.0.0.1:6379
2017-06-19T21:55:22.818Z - info: opneHAB-cloud: Trying to connect to mongodb at: mongodb://:@127.0.0.1/openhab?poolSize=100
2017-06-19T21:55:22.832Z - info: openHAB-cloud: Scheduling a statistics job (every 5 min)
express deprecated app.configure: Check app.get(‘env’) in an if statement app.js:203:5
express deprecated app.configure: Check app.get(‘env’) in an if statement app.js:207:5
express deprecated app.configure: Check app.get(‘env’) in an if statement app.js:210:5
connect deprecated multipart: use parser (multiparty, busboy, formidable) npm module instead node_modules/express/node_modules/connect/lib/middleware/bodyParser.js:56:20
connect deprecated limit: Restrict request size at location of read node_modules/express/node_modules/connect/lib/middleware/multipart.js:86:15
connect deprecated methodOverride: use method-override npm module instead app.js:219:21
2017-06-19T21:55:22.946Z - info: openHAB-cloud: IFTTT is configured, app handling IFTTT capabilities…
Option polling duration is not valid. Please refer to the README.
node_redis: Deprecated: The AUTH command contains a “undefined” argument.
This is converted to a “undefined” string now and will return an error from v.3.0 on.
Please handle this in your code to make sure everything works as you intended it to.
2017-06-19T21:55:22.970Z - info: openHAB-cloud: express server listening on port 3000
2017-06-19T21:55:22.976Z - info: openHAB-cloud: Redis connect response: OK
2017-06-19T21:55:22.977Z - info: Redis is ready
node_redis: Warning: Redis server does not require a password, but a password was supplied.
2017-06-19T21:55:22.999Z - error: openHAB-cloud: Error while connecting from openHAB-cloud to mongodb: MongoError: field missing/wrong type in received authenticate command
2017-06-19T21:55:22.999Z - error: openHAB-cloud: Stopping openHAB-cloud due to error with mongodb

@Borre_Tharaldsen Did you solve your problem ? I have the same error…

@MARZIMA Can you help ?

Regards
Jörg

@vbbaby3 @Borre_Tharaldsen

I think you must remove the mongo user and passwort config entries completely in the config, so that it doesnt try to use it.

Can you check if that helps?

BR Mehmet

Great that worked for me :ok_hand:

It does not help. Then I got this:

Hi @Borre_Tharaldsen,

Did you maybe remove all mongo related stuff from config? Make sure only user and passwort is removed…and NOT mongo host etc.
(also make sure that you Don’t leave commas alone in config while removing attributes from conf)

BR Mehmet

That helps. No I can start the instans.
I still get to errors, but I don’t know if they mean anything

node_redis: Deprecated: The AUTH command contains a “undefined” argument.
This is converted to a “undefined” string now and will return an error from v.3.0 on.
Please handle this in your code to make sure everything works as you intended it to.
2017-08-02T21:14:41.578Z - info: openHAB-cloud: express server listening on port 3000
2017-08-02T21:14:41.585Z - info: openHAB-cloud: Redis connect response: OK
2017-08-02T21:14:41.586Z - info: Redis is ready
node_redis: Warning: Redis server does not require a password, but a password was supplied.
2017-08-02T21:14:41.604Z - info: openHAB-cloud: Successfully connected to mongodb
2017-08-02T21:14:41.668Z - warn: openHAB-cloud: GCM XMPP error: XMPP authentication failure
2017-08-02T21:15:00.379Z - info: openHAB-cloud: every5min statistics collection job started
2017-08-02T21:15:00.409Z - info: openHAB-cloud: every5min statistics collection job finished
2017-08-02T21:15:41.202Z - debug: openHAB-cloud: Checking for offline openHABs (0)
2017-08-02T21:15:41.203Z - debug: openHAB-cloud: Checking orphaned rest requests (0)
2017-08-02T21:16:40.887Z - debug: openHAB-cloud: Checking for offline openHABs ( 0)

But what is the admin password or default user?
I am on the login screen

Hi guys,

this might be a stupid question. @MARZIMA where can I find the quickstart guide you are referring to?
I found

but it doesn’t mention anything about renaming config-production.json to config.json and after starting openhab-cloud it just fails because it cannot connect to mongo db (only solved when creating user manually, but you mentioned above that this shouldn’t be needed, or at least someone should remove the user/pass from the config file - which I haven’t tested). Is the quickstart guide just outdated? If so, any chance I can make changes, like in wikipedia? Sorry I am new to this forum and github.

Stefan

1 Like

Hi There,

I am trying to get OH-cloud docker to spin up successfully. However, I do get the mongodb connection auth error, and then docker tries to restart app-1 over and over.

Has anyone here successfully gotten the docker image of openhab-cloud to work? It is a no go on an ARM processor (raspberry pi), so I am using my Ubuntu 16.04 system now. Please, if anyone has had success with the docker image, let me know how you got it up and running.

Thanks!

tried to install openhab cloud but received follwing error -

npm ERR! Linux 5.0.0-1033-gcp
npm ERR! argv “/usr/bin/node” “/usr/bin/npm” “install”
npm ERR! node v8.10.0
npm ERR! npm v3.5.2
npm ERR! code EMISSINGARG

npm ERR! typeerror Error: Missing required argument #1
npm ERR! typeerror at andLogAndFinish (/usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:31:3)
npm ERR! typeerror at fetchPackageMetadata (/usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:51:22)
npm ERR! typeerror at resolveWithNewModule (/usr/share/npm/lib/install/deps.js:456:12)
npm ERR! typeerror at /usr/share/npm/lib/install/deps.js:457:7
npm ERR! typeerror at /usr/share/npm/node_modules/iferr/index.js:13:50
npm ERR! typeerror at /usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:37:12
npm ERR! typeerror at addRequestedAndFinish (/usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:82:5)
npm ERR! typeerror at returnAndAddMetadata (/usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:117:7)
npm ERR! typeerror at pickVersionFromRegistryDocument (/usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:134:20)
npm ERR! typeerror at /usr/share/npm/node_modules/iferr/index.js:13:50
npm ERR! typeerror This is an error with npm itself. Please report this error at:
npm ERR! typeerror http://github.com/npm/npm/issues

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR! /opt/openhab-cloud/npm-debug.log

can anyone help me identify what is the issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Hello. I successfully installed my own instance of OHcloud. I’m now busy with its configuration ( included IFTTT ;-)) … But now, I’m stuck with the GCM part : I don’t know how to get jid / password … I created a project on the Google platform, but it seems that GCM is now deprecated and If I’ve well understood it’s not possible to generate credentitals in the form config-docker.json is expecting … Can someone of you could help me ? A workaround is it possible ? THanks a lot for feedback … Fr,

[Solved. [ sender-id / password = server-key, found in Google Console ]

can you share how you successfully installed as mine is giving errors on gcp. I followed the github page instructions yo install provided here https://github.com/openhab/openhab-cloud . But doesn’t work. Please help me. My issue I have shared here - Installation Error openhab-cloud gcp ubuntu 18.04

If you can share your process, it might help me. Thanks in advance. Oh and about configuration I saw this post that I think might help you - openHAB Cloud setup on Google Cloud Platform . This explains some configuration along with firebase conditions about tier.