OpenHab cloud is slow and disconnecting

Hi guys,

There is something happening with the OpenHab cloud instance from today afternoon (starting at 2022-12-29 2:52 PM UTC). It is disconnecting after every 2-3 minutes and when it is online, the communication between the cloud server and the local instance is taking 20-60sec (or simply just timing out with 504 Gateway Time-out). I’ve tried to restart the binding, reinstalled it, restarted my OH container nothing helped.
Yesterday I was updating from OH 3.3 to 3.4, so I thought it is caused by the new version, but now I’ve rolled back to 3.3 and the issue is the same. So, I strongly have a feeling, that there is something wrong with the cloud instance.
Does anyone else having the same issue? Is there anything, I can try?

Thanks!

See Openhab Cloud Service not reachable

Thanks for the link, I have seen one of these discussions, but I think, this issue was something else. I’m using and monitoring the cloud binding for years and have seen some temporary outages/disconnects. But yesterday it was not working at all. I was restarting/reverting everything possible, but nothing helped.

However, the issue is now resolved already, the binding is working correctly from 1:02 AM (2022-12-30). So I think, something went wrong on the server side, which is now fixed. From that time, the binding is stable.

I’ll check out the slowness, my guess is our hosting provider had a network hiccup that caused mass disconnections, and then all of those tried to reconnect which made the service very slow. This has happened many times before unfortunately.

2 Likes

Dan, thank you! The good news is, that it is working stable from that time.

@abal What are you using for monitoring the uptime?

Hi, since yesterday i have problems with my cloud connection. Is this related to this ?

The alexa connection not working any more.
The app can’t connect stable to my server over the openhab cloud connection.

if i try to reach the ui over the link provided in openhab cloud i get following issue in the network trace.

Same error is shwon in Debug log as well:

@peterhoeg This is my approach: https://community.openhab.org/t/check-if-openhab-cloud-connector-is-online/133576/11?u=abal