Openhab cloud prob with video

But that’s the point. This is a standard that is only used by that one manufacturer. D-Link may be big in general, but it’s not a big player in IP cameras.

perhaps,
although in fact, there are 120,000 employees in our sites here, we have access to our company INTRAnet, and a poll from 3,000 +members , revealed they had a Dlink camera at home. Indeed that’s where my recommendation came from and i procured three of them. £20 each, hacked to re-i state RTSP and HLS streams that dlink disable by sw, and we have ourselves perfect H.264 60fps mjepg streams with an array of cgi interfaces to play with
100%

Maybe not a big player is USA, but used by at least 3000 people in just one brit company over here :+1::wink:

works for us.

anyway, I’m off to lockdown my vpn :wink:

@tillykeats
I agree with you that it is worth doing and a valuable thing to add the support, I just value my family time more.

What we need is a volunteer that has a camera for testing (I don’t), knows how to code (I’m a noob) and is patinate about helping others.

You seem perfect for the job, will you rise to the challenge and sign off to give your work away to the Opensource community? It Is probably a 3 to 10 hour job and since I have already done it for multiple brands there are working examples already done for you to follow.

do what, sorry?

if you mean coding, in Java, nope. Python at a push.

Id love to help though, but i value family time also and at 52, the days in front of linux servers, coding drivers for hardware, in i3/4/5x86 assembler till 4am , learning new “high level” languages,… are long gone.

happily would offer my time in something i am capable of doing from the starting gun , though. Just no time nor appetite for investing hundreds of hours unpaid into learning the latest and greatest, only for it all to change in a few months. been there, done it, suffered it. Unlike gurus here, it aint my hobby bro!!

Call me a vagabond why dont you,:wink:

I’d be glad for any advice in this matter… especially since video is working in BasicUI both locally and remotely. Thank you.

It is a bad idea to hijack 2 year old topics after opening your own.
This would not give you the answers you want.

The fact nobody answers in your topic might be that nobody actually has an answer for you.

You have to show a bit mor patience.

1 Like