openHAB Cloud service: how to expose items

I am running openHAB 1.8.3, put the Cloud Connector in the addons folder of my local installation and I have Java 1.8.0_101 running. I extended the openhab.cfg inserting the cloud-section (i.e. I followed the instructions).

Everything on myopenhab works as expected. The only thing not working is exposing items.
I understand that exposing groups is not possible as discussed here
But my item Nr11100_1 which is a switch via exec.binding does not show up.
On my.openhab all items and just everything is showing up.
Thank you for your tips.

hi @hvb81479,

did you uncomment openhabcloud:expose= and add your item?
Does the cloud connector connect to myopenhab, what does your logs say? Can you check your logs pls?

I don’t use that binding. Is this a virtual switch? I remember reading of problems with virtual switches, either not working or not showing up. I think you need to need to trigger the switch after you expose it as the cloud service will only “see” it after a status update.

Hi Mehmet,

thanks for taking this one on.
Your line 1: yes and yes :slight_smile:
Your line 2: Log says when triggering the switch

2016-12-22 17:33:50.200 [INFO ] [enhab.model.script.org.openhab] - Switching light Nr11100_1 from OFF to ON
2016-12-22 17:33:50.259 [INFO ] [.o.b.exec.internal.ExecBinding] - executed commandLine ‘sudo /opt/openhab/configurations/brennenstuhl/on 11100 1’

And at initiating openHAB:

2016-12-21 22:46:57.536 [INFO ] [o.o.i.o.internal.CloudClient ] - Connected to the openHAB Cloud service (UUID = xxxxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx, local base URL = http://localhost:8080)

Meaning no errors and in fact everything works like charm, except my item expose.

Thank you for this hint. I am not sure what you mean with a virtual switch and if teh one in question is one like that.
Nr11100_1 is a switch item that at trigger executes a shell script with a send command to the GPIO of the RasPi that transmitts a signal to the remote-control mains socket.
I will have a try with my HUE to check if the problem lies in the exec binding.

Update: Expose works out of the box with the HUE binding.
Triggering an exec binding switch would not make the item visible in the Cloud.

Does anyone have a solution for exposing exec binding switches?
Thanks @MARZIMA and @RHINESEL for their support so far.

Hans

Virtual switch in the sense that it doesn’t physically exist. For example, I have switch items I created to turn rules on and off as needed.