Openhab cloud Socket.IO error: not authorized

openHAB 2.4.0-1
Linux 4.19.66-v7+
openjdk version “1.8.0_222”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu8.40.0.178-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_222-b178)
OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu8.40.0.178-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 25.222-b178, mixed mode, Evaluation)

I am getting an error:
[lipse.smarthome.core.id.InstanceUUID] - Failed writing instance uuid file: /var/lib/openhab2/uuid (Permission denied)
[io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Socket.IO error: not authorized

I am unable to connect to get myopenhab.org to go ‘Online’

I have tried everything in every forum and even a fresh install of OH2. I have manually entered my UUID and Secret (as OH2 cloud won’t write them). I have refreshed permissions in -config. Still nothing works.

Please help!

Welcome to the community.
Manually entering the data won’t work.
You need to fix your permissions problem and then reinstall the cloud connector until both files are written to the disk:

Thanks but I think I found the solution. I did a Find command to find all files name ‘Secret’ and ‘UUID’. I manually changed the contents of each as the ZRAM tool had others saved in RAM for some reason. Even after a restart. Once that was change I did a reboot and no longer had the error and got:

[io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Connected to the openHAB Cloud service (UUID = “my code” base URL = http://localhost:8080)

Maybe @mstormi has an explanation for that?

1 Like