OpenHab Cloud Will Not Connect

Thanks for the suggestion. Will look into it when I find the time…

Is it correct to conclude from this discussion that the openHAB2 Cloud Connector with myopenhab.org presents some potential security challenges?

I was just setting it up and stumbled across the same Nginx proxy issue (showing offline in myopenhab.org). But instead of pursuing this further, I will now consider running my own instance of Cloud Connector, somewhere on Azure or AWS…

Thank you for your post. My Java was to old, to connect to the cloud service, too.

Meanwhile your urls are to old. Oracle has moved the old 111 packages, so you get a 404 try to install it with your solution.

For me it worked with:

echo “deb Index of /webupd8team/java/ubuntu trusty main” | tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/webupd8team-java.list
echo “deb-src Index of /webupd8team/java/ubuntu trusty main” | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/webupd8team-java.list
apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys EEA14886
apt-get update
echo debconf shared/accepted-oracle-license-v1-1 select true | sudo debconf-set-selections
echo debconf shared/accepted-oracle-license-v1-1 seen true | sudo debconf-set-selections
apt-get install -y oracle-java8-installer

As you can see, instead of “wily main” in the old url, use “trusty main”

Thanks for updating this! For the record as well, trusty should be still compatible with debian jessie, since it is the same base https://voip4learn.blogspot.fi/2015/06/which-ubuntu-version-is-equal-to-which.html?m=1

I am considering of trying out the zulu java. They have it in openhabian as well, due to license reasons I believe.

Edit: actually I’m curious to hear what error you got. I can see wily still in the repository http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/java/ubuntu/dists/

hi Detorice. Thank you for you update it worked.
General advice for those who are copying and pasting from above message.
remove numerical 5 after /ubuntu
also copy past repalces the "with a . so ensure the quotes are as it is. Can be annoying as its too tiny a change to notice and your wondering what I doing wrong!!
thanks for your post!! the Java was updated and it works

I had the same issue after changing my system from raspberry to mach and the following steps did work for me:

I filled my account with the new uuid and pw and still got offline error.
Only ting helped was to delete my account and create a new one, confirm the email and restart openhab.