[SOLVED] openHAB connection; Alexa connection

Hi guys,

I’m pretty much a beginner and stuck in the area to cennenéct my OpenHAB to the Cloud. My goal is to get it into Alexa.

Now. My problem:

I installed the addon, configured uuid and secret, and get the information online.

But nothing more, no items are accessable, it shows items I connected 2 years ago.

Could Web Page Events show every day 3:49am OpenHAB-Online

Does someone have an idea how and where to look.

If your account reports online you should be able to control items on a sitemap when away from home (I.e. not in your WiFi).
Confirm you checked that!

what do I have to put in the openhab connection settings iOs to access remotly?

OK, visited from other Network openHAB cloud , that it tells offline!

2019-12-13 21:08:10.307 [WARN ] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Exception while formatting value '0' of item EG_WO_Rolladen_Links with format '%.2f %unit%': Conversion = 'u'

2019-12-13 21:08:40.771 [WARN ] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Exception while formatting value '0' of item EG_WO_Rolladen_Links with format '%.2f %unit%': Conversion = 'u'

2019-12-13 21:26:25.223 [INFO ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Shutting down openHAB Cloud service connection

2019-12-13 21:26:25.250 [INFO ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Disconnected from the openHAB Cloud service (UUID = 5c9d47dc-7098-48c3-b8d1-9a9f6706d6b8, base URL = http://localhost:8080)

2019-12-13 21:26:25.858 [ERROR] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Socket.IO error: not authorized

2019-12-13 21:26:40.763 [INFO ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Shutting down openHAB Cloud service connection

2019-12-13 21:26:41.201 [ERROR] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Socket.IO error: not authorized

OK, now back online.

RESULT: I can access from remote via myopenhab the basicUI and Paper UI.

STILL: I don’t get any items mapped into myopenhab

And you won’t because you don’t need them.
This has been disabled because people were exposing ALL their items to the cloud

For alexa you only need to add the config in the item file:

1 Like

Thanks for stepping in, elder people need their sleep😴

To add:
the cloud connector has a log telling you when alexa/Aws opens the connection - you should see an entry there.
With the alexa app, go to devices and search for new devices
Be a patient, it takes some time for changes and new items to propagate through the cloud services

Thanks guys, that was the hint I needed, now it works perfect.

Please tick the solution post, thanks