Openhab Docker - IOTStack

Hi all i have seen Andreas S video(Link below) regarding IOT stack which is taken from this github page https://github.com/gcgarner/IOTstack

very nice concept i wanted to give it a try… Andreas is not talking about OH there
but it can be deployed as part of the script

there is a cool concept there for backing up your entire stack on dropbox for free :slight_smile:
and then connecting a free VPN service to the entire stack

but i was wondering if its doing it the right way, so if there anyone that knows docker
can tell if its done in the right way , i have no clue but i do want to use this
the docs for OH are very short , i guess the Dev is not using OH as is Hub
but HA has allot of wiki pages there :frowning:

out of the box i was able to install docker + a very long list of IOT components, that will else take me hours to install … and if backup is easy also i think this will be my next platform

Docker compose for OH

openhab:
    image: "openhab/openhab:2.4.0"
    container_name: openhab
    restart: unless-stopped
    network_mode: host
#    cap_add:
#      - NET_ADMIN
#      - NET_RAW
    volumes:
      - "/etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro"
      - "/etc/timezone:/etc/timezone:ro"
      - "./volumes/openhab/addons:/openhab/addons"
      - "./volumes/openhab/conf:/openhab/conf"
      - "./volumes/openhab/userdata:/openhab/userdata"
    environment:
      OPENHAB_HTTP_PORT: "8080"
      OPENHAB_HTTPS_PORT: "8443"
      EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS: "-Duser.timezone=Europe/Berlin"
#    # The command node is very important. It overrides
#    # the "gosu openhab tini -s ./start.sh" command from Dockerfile and runs as root!
#    command: "tini -s ./start.sh server"

Dropbox has limited free storage. Many here back up to GitHub.

I have not looked at OH Docker installation but it is on my list to test.

from what i can tell he will backup only config… hopefully …
also i have acumlitaed somthing like 16 gigs there and i am not doing anything with it ,so i really want to try it :slight_smile:

i learnd allot about docker from only looking at this script do its thing so advise to go down this path…
right now i am testing on RPI but i want to move to real PC this seems like a toy for all this

My free Dropbox is currently 3.5 gig total space. Not nearly enough for 16 gigs.