openHAB Google Assistant: A new version is released

and with this new release I had to remove the inverted option to have the rollershutter working again

Could you share some more insights of your setup so that I can get a better understanding of the relations between open/close, up/down and the inverted option?!

Sure, I have a z-wave fibaro roller shutter 3 control and this is the config

Rollershutter   Avvolgibile "Avvolgibile [%d %%]"     <avvolgibile>   (gAvvolgibili)    { synonyms="Avvolgibile letto",   ga="Shutter" [ name="Avvolgibile sinistro" ], channel="zwave:device:1:node3:blinds_control1" }

Let me know if you need more info

Yes, a bit more on the actual usage would be cool.
How do you interact with the device? What states and commands are you using? Why did you need the inverted option in between?

I command the device through google mini, I say “open/close the rollershutter” and then the binding do is magic.

Between the latest 2 release I had to add the inverted option because when I asked to open the shutters closes and vice versa

Hello Michael Krug,

First, thank you very much for that great support and immense work you did on Google Assistant.

For me, the latest Release (v3.4.1) works perfect(ly) now.

I did the following tests:

Rollershutter Shutter_FF_Bed “Schlafzimmer Storen [%d %%]” {ga=“Shutter” [checkState=true]}

OK Google: Öffne die Storen im Schlafzimmer

16:58:38.070 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘Shutter_FF_Bed’ received command UP

16:58:38.081 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘Shutter_FF_Bed’ changed from 100 to 0

Google Response: In Ordnung, Storen wird geöffnet

OK Google: Schliesse die Storen im Schlafzimmer

17:04:47.579 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘Shutter_FF_Bed’ received command DOWN

17:04:47.589 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘Shutter_FF_Bed’ changed from 0 to 100

Google Response: Gerne, Storen wird geschlossen

OK Google: Öffne die Storen im Schlafzimmer auf 20%

17:21:20.942 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘Shutter_FF_Bed’ received command 80

17:21:20.952 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘Shutter_FF_Bed’ changed from 100 to 80

Google Response: Alles klar, Storen wird auf 20% geöffnet

OK Google: Öffne die Storen im Schlafzimmer auf 20%

Google Response: Storen ist bereits geöffnet

What initially confused me, was that openHAB displays and logs the opposite of the given percentage number in the «OK Google» command and both commands to Google:

• OK Google: Öffne die Storen im Schlafzimmer auf 20%
  • OK Google: Schliesse die Storen im Schlafzimmer auf 20%

lead to the same result.

Many thanks and best regards

Erich

1 Like

Thanks for the comprehensive report. Happy to see it working well.

Yes, the percentage thing is indeed confusing. Google works with “open percentage” and openHAB with “close percentage”. That is why they are inverted.

Dear community,

a new release was just deployed.

:warning: Breaking Changes

• ga="light" for SpecialColorLight is replaced by ga="specialcolorlight"
  • useKelvin=true is replaced by colorUnit="kelvin"

:rocket: Features

• Add support for color temperature in Mired & Use separate identifier for SpecialColorLight (#337) @michikrug

:toolbox: Maintenance

• A ton of dependency updates → see GitHub :smiley:
3 Likes

Dear community,

I am planning to release a larger update in the next days / weeks.
This will include some (more) breaking changes and I would like to give you some time to prepare and/or give feedback before I put it in the wild.

I already started some rework a year ago but somehow lost track. I now found some time and have collected and finished some changes within the following PR:
Rework device matching | Store members in customData | Add AC Unit & Extended Fan by michikrug · Pull Request #405 · openhab/openhab-google-assistant · GitHub

:warning: Breaking Changes

• As the group members are now stored in customData, existing (group) devices will only work after a new SYNC
  • The modes configuration for Thermostats has been renamed to thermostatModes - users will have to adjust their configuration
  • The speeds configuration for Fans has been renamed to fanSpeeds - users will have to adjust their configuration
  • As item types of group members will now be validated, you might see devices disappearing in Google Home if you used an unsupported item within a group device

:gear: Changes

• Item names for group members are stored in customData to save a query request to openHAB when executing commands (will supersede Rework device matching - Store members in customData #222)
    • For commands that need the current state the query request is still needed (thermostat commands or relative volume)
    • Also some other configuration options are stored in customData
    • Item types of group members will now be validated
    • There is no change on the user’s side required but they will need to do a SYNC
  • Add a lot of new functionality to Fan devices (AirPurifier, Fan, Hood) (will supersede Add advanced Fan capabilities #221)
    • OnOff (separate power switch if used as a group)
    • FanSpeed (separate fan speed if used as a group)
    • Modes (yes, for the first time modes are available)
    • SensorState (for FilterLifeTime and PM2.5 - no clue how to query those)
  • Add AC Unit device (will supersede Adding AC_UNIT type #347 & Add ACUnit Device #358)
    • Basically just a combination of the extended Fan and the Thermostat with all control and config options of both

:interrobang: Potential Issues

2 Likes

Is it possible to post an announcement that users have to dismiss the next time they visit the community? When tags were removed two years ago, there was a long period of time (over a year) when people would come here and ask why their tags stopped working. They wouldn’t have any issues until they had reason to synchronize their Google Assistant services, and by the time they did we had stopped talking about it.

It’s not a big deal to help them, but it might reduce some frustration for users if they come here six months later and immediately see the answer to their problem.

1 Like

I honestly do not know.
So far I was only in touch with Marziman who was more involved with openHAB and its structures. But he is not responsive at all anymore.
Next to that I do not have any contact to people having more “power” here.

Let’s ask @digitaldan, since he posts announcements when there are server issues.

Dan, is it possible to post an announcement that will stay up until the user dismisses it, even if that’s months later? I know we can’t do this for everything, but changes to GA/Alexa can be confusing to people since the integrations will just stop working when they sync devices (but haven’t changed anything in openHAB).

Exciting!!!

Ah, and I need to annoy google about that air purifier business. But at least we get fan speed.

Sorry for missing this so far.
This is a problem we can solve very easily :slight_smile:

I will poke someone and get in touch with you afterwards.

2 Likes