openHAB Google Assistant Integration v2.0

Ok, you are right. Thanks. I can ask google for the state, but no visual indication by clicking icon then.

But on these “stateless” devices in Google home I can’t use tfaPin. It gives me the same problem as reported earlier. Giving it the pin only does an online search.

If I change device to switch/light/socket pin works as expected. But I guess this is a bug on Google’s side.

I have the same issue :frowning:

Thats odd… Cause no matter what type I use, I cant get it to work… ARRRGH! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I have filed an issue to the Google team regarding the Two-factor authentication
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/148011376

Lets see if I´ll get any respons at all… I honestly dont think so.

Do you need to mention openHAB in your issue report? From what we’ve discussed, it seems to be a Google Assistant issue with two-factor acknowledgement in general.

I think they would be asking about which service in order to troubleshoot the issue.
It´s not a general issue, cause according to others it´s working fine (Michael use german langauge), so it´s probably an issue related to the service or the langauge (or both in combination).
I would also suspect, if this way a general language issue, there would be other services suffering the same… I have not hear of any, and I cant test myself :frowning:

Hey people, I implemented a user configurable thermostat mode mapping with metadata.
Please have a look at: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-google-assistant/pull/134

This will eliminate the need for rules, mappings and intermediate items on the user’s side.

3 Likes

I´m using String item, and then parse on the string “heat” or “cool” to Google mode… Will this methode break?

No, if you always used the normal Google lowercase modes, you will not have to change or add anything.

Thank you…
I just wrote a rather long guide on a danish forum on how to setup IHC thermostats in openhab and using google… I would be rather unpleased having to rewrite everything :smiley:

But the new way would save a lot of effort on the openHAB side… so maybe not that much “unpleasing” to rewrite some parts :smiley:

:wink:
First I´ll have to figure what exactly to change. To use Thermostat in IHC is by setting the mode from the state of the telestat, which can be either ON or OF. And I would prefere if Google Home showed ON=“heat” OFF=“cool”.

EDIT - Since its a basic thermostat (kinda like). There is no such thing as auto… A basic thermostat IS auto by principal :slight_smile:
I guess I would need some example from the new way of doing it. Right now I´m not sure I understand the new way.

That’s great! The mapping won’t help me, since I’m controlling two different devices (a fireplace and an air conditioner) using a ZWave thermometer, but I think this will be better for people who want to tie GA directly to their HVAC systems.

G’day all,

Having a read through and still not sure the best way to go. One of my aims now is to control my TV - currently this is implemented in Google Assistant via Broadlink IHC (which requires everything to be setup as a routine, which then controls scenes in IHC, to work - which means 1 routine to turn on, 1 to increase volume, mute etc. - the list goes on).

My aim is to move as much into OpenHAB as I can - so keen to hear what others have done here. I imagine the simplest device type is as a ‘switch’; however it would also be good to have volume up/down control integrated into Google Assistant.

Any ideas/suggestions? Ideally I want this to just appear as a single device in Google Home Hub as opposed to needing to go via routines to control everything…

What kind of scenes do you use in IHC ?
IHC can speak directly to openhab. Did you know?

Are you talking about your TV only, or?? I´m not sure I understand exactly what it is you want.

Thanks for the response!

A few custom scenes - turn on TV (which turns the TV on, soundbar on, sets the input and sets the Telstra TV (Roku) to ‘Live TV’), turn off (which turns every off), then some custom ones to change Telstra TV inputs (to Netflix etc).

I hadn’t looked into that yet - mainly looked into the direct (local network) Broadlink bindings so far as I’m also keen to cut out as much of the cloud based IoT devices and keep things as secure as possible. Either way, I think getting the Broadlink devices into OpenHAB isn’t going to be a major issue.

At this stage yes - the other things I have seem to have integrated well between OpenHAB and GA (lights, air conditioners etc.) - it’s just the TV I haven’t nutted out yet.

I think it is all possible with Scenes - but want to avoid the custom routine in GA path, which then means you don’t see the device in the Room or Multimedia views on the GA app or Nest Hub.

I suppose my main question is ‘what is everyone else doing with TVs and Google Assistant’

Hmm… Just re-read your post… I dont think we´re speaking of the same IHC… You´re talking about Broadlink IHC… I thought you were talking about IHC (Intelligent House Control) by LK :smiley:
Sorry for the mix up…

I tried out the TFA on one of my lights (using tfaAck=true). Assistant asks for cofirmation, I respond with ‘yes’ (in swedish). Assistant confirms, but nothing happens. If I speak english everything works (even though assistans sometimes respond in swedish). So it definately seems to be a language issue on google’s side…

Which languages do you have installed in your Google Assistant? Swedish only, or Swedish and english?
I tried answering “Yes” in english as well. The same happens, (unless I answer “No” on request. Then it´s total silence).

I have both swedish and english activated.

Weird!! I tried everything…

Danish only - Non working
Danish + English - Non working
English only - Non working
English(US) main language in Android - Non working…

I really hate Google for problems like these :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: