openHAB Google Assistant Integration v2.0

https://github.com/openhab/openhab-google-assistant/pull/136 Doesn’t seem to be deployed either?

Hmm, could you perhaps speed this up, since the doc´s has been updated?

I have no other or special contact to him than everybody else here.

2 Likes

I see… Lets see if this will do any changes then…

In the mean time… I noticed you answered Stuart (MDAR), that the mode mapping should be applied to the Thermostat group… Is this correct? According to the doc, it should be added to the ga="thermostatMode"

(Mandatory) Mode: Number (Zwave THERMOSTAT_MODE Format) or String (off, heat, cool, on, ...). { ga="thermostatMode" }

@MARZIMA
If you have deployed the new Mode mapping for thermostat, then it doesnt work.
If you havnt deployed it yet, could you please do so, or at least remove it from the doc.

If you read this very slowly, it is very clear

to custom ones for your specific setup, you can use the modes config option on the thermostat group

I missed it many times

Arrgh, You´re right :open_mouth:
I guess the mandatory setting in the example is meant for zwave thermostat (numbering).

Not only did I miss it… I totally misunderstood :frowning:

Since at least two of you found the docs confusing on this point, I’m sure any ideas you have to make them more clear would be greatly appreciated. I doubt you are the only ones.

3 Likes

I agree…
My suggstion is Thermostat examples (working examples ofcouse :slight_smile: ), is whats really missing.

So are we all in agreement that this would work, when the modes option is up and running?

Group MiddleBedroomGP2_Thermostat	"Middle Bedroom"																																				{ ga="Thermostat" [roomHint="Middle Bedroom" , modes="off=SAFE,eco=NIGHT,on=DAY,heat=COMFORT" ]    , alexa="Endpoint.Thermostat" }
	Number MiddleBedroomGP2_CurrentTemperature 			"Middle Bedroom Current Temperature" 			( MiddleBedroomGP2_Thermostat ,WholeHouse_CurrentTemperature		)							{ channel="velbus:vmbgp2:VelbusNetworkBridge:17:input#CH9", 								ga="thermostatTemperatureAmbient" ,		 alexa="TemperatureSensor.temperature" }
	Number MiddleBedroomGP2_CurrentTargetTemperature 	"Middle Bedroom Current Target Temperature"		( MiddleBedroomGP2_Thermostat ,WholeHouse_CurrentTargetTemperature	)							{ channel="velbus:vmbgp2:VelbusNetworkBridge:17:thermostat#CURRENTTEMPERATURESETPOINT",		ga="thermostatTemperatureSetpoint",		 alexa="ThermostatController.targetSetpoint"}
	String MiddleBedroomGP2_ThermostatMode 				"Middle Bedroom Thermostat mode"	  	 		( MiddleBedroomGP2_Thermostat	)																{ channel="velbus:vmbgp2:VelbusNetworkBridge:17:thermostat#MODE", 							ga="thermostatMode"  ,					 alexa="ModeController.mode" [friendlyNames="@Setting.Preset", supportedModes="SAFE=Safe,NIGHT=Night,DAY=Day,COMFORT=Comfort"]}
	String MiddleBedroomGP2_ThermostatOperatingMode 	"Middle Bedroom Thermostat operating mode"		( MiddleBedroomGP2_Thermostat )																	{ channel="velbus:vmbgp2:VelbusNetworkBridge:17:thermostat#OPERATINGMODE"	,														alexa="ThermostatController.thermostatMode" [COOL="COOLING",HEAT="HEATING"]	}

P.S.
I don’t think the roomHint is working either.

I’m quite happy to take a look at the docs and add a few full examples, once it’s all up and running (so I can test that what I’m suggesting actually works)

That looks like the way it is meant to be. I guess @michikrug can confirm.
When @MARZIMA can confirm the feature has been deployed, its time to change (optimize) the docs, or bug fixing :smiley:

I changed to new metadata version last year. Also I could configure my aircon as a thermostat and now I can control. But it would be good if I can change modes and configure other things as well. Plus can we use this connection with Google locally somehow? I do not need full description, but if it is possible and I can get some hints I would be very grateful. Than I can do it by myself.

1 Like

Just wanted to ask if there ever will be a generic string or numeric item controllable via google assistant. like i expose a string item to openhab and be able to set it to anything via google assistant .

This is similar to what ifttt does…trigger based of google assistant telling cum

No, since everything needs to be something like a “device”. You could only exploit a fake device to do the trick, e.g. with a fan or with the (not yet available in openHAB integration) modes trait for various devices

What about using the StatusReport trait?
https://developers.google.com/assistant/smarthome/traits

I think a bunch of new traits was released today or the last few days.

• Carbon Monoxide detectors
  • Media Remotes
  • Sensors
  • Set-top-boxes
  • Televisions
  • Water Purifiers
  • Water Softeners

@all:

Changes are deployed into Production and current version is v2.0.22.
It shall have all the PRs included.

@michikrug
We have a security issue with “minimist”: which shall be >=1.2.3.
Currently I had problems to bump it as also other modules are depending on it like “mkdirp” etc.
I think we must apply the version upgrade. Do you think it is save to just bump the version? I am scared this will bring new issues due to dependencies?

4 Likes

Thanks for the update.

I will have a look regarding the dependency update.

1 Like

Thanks Mehmet!

Hi, is this the correct way to use a roomHint?

Dimmer light_bedroom "Bedroom [%d %%]" { ga="Light" [ name="Light Bedroom", roomHint="Bedroom" ], synonyms="Bedroom Light" }

It is not working for me.

What language do we have to use?

Thanks!

Hi, yes this is correct. Unfortunately, I have no clue how Google uses that option. I just implemented it like the docu says.

roomHint : String. Optional. Provides the current room of the device in the user’s home to simplify setup.

1 Like

I had 2 different homes set up, when I reconnected openhab today… this might have been the issue as well…