after a deletion of Openhab2 Hue emulation in PaperUI it has gone forever. How can I reinstall the binding?
You did not give a lot of information to go on here, what version are you using, what system are you running OH on, do you try to install in PaperUI or in text files (this already assumes you are using OH2), etc, etc
If you still have the problem, maybe read this post and post again:
Running 2.3.0 openhabian Image on raspberry pi 3b.
Hue binding was installed via paper ui. In Former openhab version and also in this version there was also a binding called openhabHueEmulation. These two have been installed at the same time. I think openhabHueEmulation is installed automatically. The Hue Binding still exists in paperui, openhabHueEmulation not. I only deleted a hue light in paperui and the binding was gone. Is it needed? Ecerything works quite okay, exept an osram lightify thing (garden Spot) which is installed via Hue Bridge.
Did you check in MISC not BINDINGS in PaperUI?
If I understand it correctly you have the Hue binding installed and are having all the functionality that you need. So, all is well I assume.
However, to answer your questions
- openhab Hue Emulation still exists https://www.openhab.org/addons/integrations/hueemulation/
- it is not a binding per se and you can find it under systems integrations in the docs (or just search under add-ons) and as @jrb5665 said under MISC in the PaperUI
- this emulation is used to make the whole HO2 system look like a Hue bridge; in most cases, this is done to integrate OH2 with Google Home, Alexa or similar.
- to control Hue lights: use the Hue binding (as you are already doing); to make OH2 behave like a Hue bridge (only upstream; i.e., not for control of lamps, but OH2 will understand the same commands like a Hue bridge does): use the emulation
- the doc link above will tell a little more
- the Hue emulation is not installed automatically
- your missing configuration for the Osram bulb is not connected to the issue here.
Thanks for your reply.
The point is, that it isn´t in PaperUi/Misc anymore…
That’s curious because I did an install of 2.3.0 on the weekend to prepare a test environment for when 2.4 is release and Hue Emulation is in PaperUI/Add-ons/MISC on the install I did. It was one of the first things I installed
My install however was not done on a PI, it was done in an LXD container on Ubuntu using the apt-get reporitories.