OpenHAB Hue Emulation Service

I have no clue what I’m doing… or supposed to be doing.

I have OH running on a Rpi 3B with a ZWave USB stick, I have my light switches and dimmers working in OH.

I want to “see” these light switches and dimmers on Alexa, I installed Hue Emulation on OH and gone to Hue Emulation > Configure and set Device Pairing on and Save, then Discover Devices in Alexa.

Nothing, nil, nada found in Alexa.

have you added the tag [Lightning] to those items? If not, Alexa will not find them.

Where/how do I tag the items… sorry, I don’t know what that means?

You have defined your items in a .items file?
Just place the tag in front of the channel definition…

Um, no.
Items are defined under Configuration > Items

Due to changes on the Amazon side, Alexa pairing and device discovery probably no longer works in OH 2.5.

This is fixed in OH 3.0

I’ve done a fresh install of OH 3.0 and defined my Z-Wave light switches and dimmer as Items, I can control them in OH.
I added Hue Emulation and did Device Pairing, scanned from new devices n Alexa and still nada.
This is becoming tedious…
Is there something else I need to be doing? Add something in Alexa? Add tags or whotnot in OH?

Can you please link to a source for this information?

Your devices need to be tagged in the item files. Without the tags Alexa can’t discover them.

Here’s what one of my tagged items looks like

Switch RtGarageDr "Right Garage Door" [ "Switchable" ] { channel="zwave:device:xxxxxxxxxxx:node6:switch_binary",expire="1s,command=OFF",autoupdate="false" } 

Sorry I do not comprehend your statement, care to elaborate?

I have OH 3 running, the new interface allows me to add Metadata to an item, does this not perform the required alexa tags?

Your items need to be tagged with the tags defined for the Hue Emulator:

Ok, that makes more sense.
I have a simple on/off light switch and these are my item settings:

Do I use Lighting or Switchable?

I believe that would be a “Switchable” tag

openHAB Hue Emulation - System Integrations | openHAB

The following default tags are setup:
“Switchable”: Item will be exposed as an OSRAM SMART+ Plug
“Lighting”: Item will be exposed as a dimmable white bulb
“ColorLighting”: Item will be exposed as a color bulb

Greetings Eckart