openHAB ignores refresh_interval

Hi Chris,

I didn’t know that “info” uses a different mechanism.
The fact is that you set refresh_interval=30 and you don’t get that rate.
If you set refresh_interval=0, the update is not done, so the parameter is indeed read and taken into account (at least partially).
It is a lit bit confusing,…
The fixed 5-second rate is not what I expected. It would be preferable to be able to choose the update rate.

My system is a PC with Windows 8. I am not using a RaspPi, or something like this…

Some of my rules are starting to fail, because they depend on time, and if they don’t execute at the right time, they don’t work.

Lately, my time cron expressions are not executed on time.
They did work in the past. I haven’t changed them, and they have starting to “fail” randomly, and I am sure it is because I have too many events in the bus.

Maybe it is not the dead node update, maybe it is caused by another thing.
But what I am sure about is that the rules are te same, and the only thing new is that I have been adding more z-wave devices to the network.

Yes, I do agree. This was something that was always in the binding since before I started maintaining it.

I really doubt that performance will make any difference then :slight_smile:

I would doubt it is caused by the dead node status. As above, this is only updating some values - it’s not polling, or doing any ‘real work’ at all, and I don’t think that this should impact the system much - especially as you are using a reasonably high end PC, and not a Pi

If you want to add an issue on this, please feel free and I’ll try and change it so that the refresh interval overrides the default.