- Platform information:
- Hardware: x86 64 / 2Gb / 40 Gb
- OS: windows 10 home
- Java Runtime Environment: zulu 8 152
- openHAB version: 2.2
- Issue of the topic:
I’m new with openHab. I want use the open hab in several home location in several countries.
How is it possible to have all sensors in my different location accessible via the same web interface / iOS app / myopenhab ?
Thanks for your help
You can use the MQTT add on to push commands and state changes between different instances of OpenHab. I’ve only done it with two instances but I was able to create items and a sitemap that had information from both instances. It’s not for the faint-hearted.
See this page https://github.com/openhab/openhab1-addons/wiki/MQTT-Binding and read the section about Event bus binding.
Yes, MQTT eventbus is the way to go:
- every item change is sent to the MQTT broker
- On your “master” oh2 you have to add all items and they get updated from the “slaves”
- Be careful, you don’t have duplicate item names, they must be distinct for your whole oh2-world