Openhab integration with custom project

Good morning everyone.
I currently have custom made security/smart home project on my raspberry pi and I would like to integrate openhab to it. Is it possible? I only need device scan and control or server side without any GUI. What would be my options here? Happy holidays.

I do it using MQTT, but if it’s just a single system you might be better off with the Rest API.

The link below is for the older V2 openHAB. openHAB 3 has just been released, but it doesn’t look like the Rest API docs have been moved over yet.

In openHAB 3 probably the main change is that it includes some form of authentication to access the Rest API, but otherwise I think it’s about the same.

@Confectrician: Anything we can do to get the Rest API documentation showing at openhab.org?

You did already the right thing.
I will bring them back.

We made a mistake on the attempt to remove the “Rest Docs” part where the openHAB 2 ui is explained.

Edit:

2 Likes

Thank you. I will look into that. Do you still have openhab UI? Is there any way to use only server side?

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.