I am having some issues with my Openhab installation and I can’t seem to figure out what is wrong. Back on Saturday the SD card in my Raspberry Pi crashed again (it did so two weeks ago, but then I just re-installed everything on the same card - which was probably a bad idea). So this time I decided to use an USB-SATA adapter and booted the Pi from an actual hard drive. So on Saturday I re-installed openhabian on the hard-drive and restored my backup (using the built in backup command) that I made from the SD card - the system was still working, just Openhab wouldn’t start. I am using Raspberry Pi 3B+, running the latest Openhabian release, with the latest stable Openhab release (2.4.0-1).
I thought that this will solve my issues for a long time, but I was apparently wrong. When I restored the backup everything seemed fine. Except rules seemed to respond somewhat slowly. But then today I woke up at 3 in the morning and went to the bathroom and my light wouldn’t turn on. Neither the one in the bathroom connected via wifi (MQTT) or the one connected via Bluetooth, or the one connected via Ikea Tradfri Gateway. So I just pulled the power on the Pi and that was it. At 6 in the morning everything seemed to be working. So in the afternoon I just ran a fsck, cleaned the Openhab cache, checked for the system and openhab updates and rebooted the thing again just to be sure. There were no issues in the log and everything seemed ok. Until now…
Ikea Tradfri binding stopped working again, so I went browsing the logs. What I found out was quite shocking…
2019-03-11 19:26:46.473 [INFO ] [ebuilder.internal.HomeBuilderServlet] - Started Home Builder at /homebuilder 2019-03-11 19:26:46.848 [INFO ] [panel.internal.HABPanelDashboardTile] - Started HABPanel at /habpanel 2019-03-11 19:26:46.947 [INFO ] [.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Time zone set to 'Europe/Ljubljana'. 2019-03-11 19:26:46.967 [INFO ] [.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Location set to 'x,x'. 2019-03-11 19:26:46.974 [INFO ] [.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Locale set to 'en_SI'. 2019-03-11 19:26:55.332 [WARN ] [iscovery.TradfriDiscoveryParticipant] - Discovered Tradfri gateway doesn't have an IP address: [ServiceInfoImpl@23088142 name: 'gw-a0c9a0d98edb._coap._udp.local.' address: '(null):0' status: 'DNS: JmDNS-/192.168.1.201 [/192.168.1.201] state: probing 1 task: null', has NO data gw-a0c9a0d98edb._coap._udp.local.: ] 2019-03-11 19:26:55.334 [WARN ] [iscovery.TradfriDiscoveryParticipant] - Discovered Tradfri gateway doesn't have an IP address: [ServiceInfoImpl@28406784 name: 'gw-a0c9a0d98edb._coap._udp.local.' address: '(null):0' status: 'DNS: JmDNS-/fd00:0:0:1:59dc:6575:269e:7ef5%eth0 [/fd00:0:0:1:59dc:6575:269e:7ef5%eth0] state: probing 1 task: null', has NO data gw-a0c9a0d98edb._coap._udp.local.: ] 2019-03-11 19:27:00.492 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'test.items' 2019-03-11 19:27:02.600 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'hiska.sitemap' 2019-03-11 19:27:02.722 [INFO ] [arthome.ui.paper.internal.PaperUIApp] - Started Paper UI at /paperui 2019-03-11 19:27:04.328 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started Dashboard at http://192.168.1.201:8080 2019-03-11 19:27:04.331 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started Dashboard at https://192.168.1.201:8443
And I have a few rules that have logs in the
System started event. And guess what… the rules keep reloading. Basically the above section of code repeats about every two minutes and the system started event in rules keeps getting called as well. Other than that I don’t see any errors for the rules or anything like that. I am not sure what is going on, but whatever it is it certainly isn’t normal.