openHAB Milestone builds

I add the milstone tags:

4 Likes

@pfink, is there any way to add this? We’re specifically looking at Milestone builds here, but it would be very helpful to see ESH merges in snapshot builds too. Right at this moment, I’m trying to determine if build 1360 contains a specific ESH PR, to troubleshoot a possible issue.

That’s a good question

Indeed… :neutral_face:

I wouldn’t know how, but you can also just compare the tags from the openhab/smarthome GitHub repo. Example: https://github.com/openhab/smarthome/compare/0.10.0.oh240M2...openhab:0.10.0.oh240M3

That’s not possible, unfortunately (because the snapshotbuild just takes the latest ESH snapshot from the Eclipse repo, not from our build).

Hi all

I am on build 2.2 and everything is stable and working.
There is an old saying “If it’s not broken don’t fix it”.
That is why I have held of updating to build 2.3.

My question is:
Can I go straight from build 2.2 to 2.4/2.5/2.6 when it is available?

Kindest Regards

Mark

Theoretically you should be able to jump from 2.2 to 2.4. in practice the number of small breaking changes will be larger so it might be a bit more work on your part to adjust to those changes than it would be for someone only moving to the next version.

Be sure to review the changes in all the versions in-between with particular attention paid to breaking changes.

Thank you for your reply.

I think the new milestone builds are great! Many Thanks!

Would it be possible to provide maven artifacts as well? I would be particularly interested in the ESH artifacts.
I develop my OpenHab rules in Groovy and use the ESH sources in my IDE for auto & code completion.

I have good news for you - all Maven artifacts are already available on https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-milestone-local/

A new milestone 2.4.0.M4 is now available!
It is available for direct download as well as published in the linux testing repos.
Major technical changes are the Karaf upgrade to 4.2.1 and the Xtext upgrade to 2.14. For the functional changes please see the change log.

5 Likes

If you haven’t already upgraded to the new z-wave binding, it’s included in this milestone, right? (If I read the changelog correctly) Will be a breaking change in that case.

Yep, that is correct.

Works like a charm! Cheers!

I just upgraded to M4 (from a snapshot around the time of M3) and I’ve got a strange new problem, just like to know (before I file a bug) if I’m the only one. All output in the Karaf console is kinda screwed up. It looks like it there are no line breaks, no matter what command I run I get the output as one great blob, making it very hard to read.

Just pasting some lines to show you what I mean:

openhab> log:tail
11:00:10.872 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent     ] - Item 'Mysbelysning_allmanutrymmen' received command OFF
                               11:00:10.879 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent     ] - Item 'FonsterlamporVardagsrum' received command OFF
                                                          11:00:10.893 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent     ] - Item 'EllasFonsterlampa' received command OFF

(although it really looks much better when pasted here than it actually does in the console)

Unfortunately a known issue, but only for ssh connections, see https://github.com/openhab/openhab-distro/issues/764.

1 Like

To work around this, you can SSH in your terminal and run the client script. Second bullet here…

1 Like

Ah, nice! Thought I would have to live with trying to read all that mashed stuff until next Karaf :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is anyone else seeing an issue with charts? All my historical series appears to be gone after the upgrade, extending the current value “backwards” (I.e. the current value is updated correctly, but “drags” a flatline up/down, rather than generating a trend over time). I’m using the mapdb persistence if that makes a difference.

According to this commit it seems adding a new milestone to openhab-docker is not done automatically.

I still hope somebody finds the time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Typo? Mapdb only stores the last value, how do you generate charts with that?

The mapdb Persistence Service is based on simple key-value store that only saves the last value.

@sihui - yes! Definitely a typo…I use rrd4j for the charts.

1 Like