OpenHab not getting data from z-wave devices

zwave
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f1e5c529c30>
(Michael Monster) #1

Hi,

I just found out that OpenHab does not get data from my z-wave devices. If I turn on my Fibaro Dimmer 2, by clicking the switch on the wall, the status in OpenHab stays Off even though the light is on. But I can control the switch from Openhab.

I also have some z-wave wall plugs, and they have the same issue. Furthermore I dont get any data about Power usage etc.

If I control my Hue lights through the Hue app, OpenHab will update as expected.

Please help!

0 Likes

(Scott Rushworth) #2

This will happen if associations are lost, which was an issue in the 2.4 version of the zwave binding. This is resolved in 2.5 M1 and newer versions of the binding. So, you can upgrade or manually go through all of your devices (in Habmin!) and reset all of the associations. For battery powered devices, the change will require the device to wake up, so it may take a while unless you manually wake them up. If you do not upgrade, the issue will reoccur.

0 Likes

(Michael Monster) #3

Hi Scott.

Thanks for taking time to help me!

I updated openhab from 2.4.0 to 2.5.0 M1 (running on a windows machine - i deleted some files and copied new files to the folder as described in https://www.openhab.org/docs/installation/windows.html)

Unfortunately the problem is not gone - but as understand your post it should be working fine now? Or do I still have to reset the associations?

Anyway, I tried to reset the associations, but I could not figure out how to do that. Can you guide me? (Of course I would prefer not to reset all associations if possible…)

Best regards,
Michael.

0 Likes

(Scott Rushworth) #4

This makes me think you’ve never set them. In Habmin> Configuration> Things> select your device and look under Association Groups. This is where you can add devices (in your case, the controller) to the Association Groups. However, these devices have a lot of configuration parameters that can also affect associations. Read through all of those and and make sure they are set properly. You may need/want the manual for this. The device database has manuals, but has two entries for this device, depending on the firmware revision (up to firmware 3.4, 3.5 and newer). You can see the firmware revision for your device listed under the device’s Attributes section in Habmin. I do not have this device, but maybe someone that has one can assist further. Updating to 2.5M1 should prevent the associations from being lost once they are set.

0 Likes

(Michael Monster) #5

Hi,

I tried everything but I cant get it working. I also tried to make a brad new installation (2.5.0.M1) and only mapped my z-wave power plug. Still I don’t get any data regarding power usage. It used to work in my old setup using 2.3.0 Stable. The first time I installed OpenHab (one year ago or more) it just worked when I mapped the things and items.

Could the problem be related to my z-wave stick and all the z-wave nodes paired to it, or is it related to Openhab (im not sure what information is stored in the z-wave stick, what is stored in the z-wave device, what is stored in Windows (drivers etc) and what is stored in Openhab)?

Thanks.

0 Likes

(Christian) #6

To be honest, I‘m experiencing the same issue. With OH 2.3 I received all updates from my Fibaro dimmer, with 2.5.0.M1 I don‘t get any updates…

Hardware: Aeotec USB Z-Wave Plus stick, Fibaro FGD-212 Dimmer 2

0 Likes

(Scott Rushworth) #7

Without logs, it’s impossible to tell what the problem is from this side of the screen. Associations are set and stored in the device, but OH reads them, stores a copy of them, and can set them on the device. If you’ve used Paper UI to configure the device, these could have been incorrectly changed or reset. You need to use Habmin for configuring zwave devices to prevent this. It’s always possible there is a new bug too :slight_smile:.

Which configuration parameters and associations have you set?

@sihui, are you familiar with these devices?

0 Likes

(SiHui) #8

Yes, I have one.
It is one of my oldest devices and has worked with all kind of binding versions: 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 Snapshot.

One need to proper calibrate the FGD212 on the specific bulb used and one need to set the association group Lifeline to the controller, that’s it. Make sure you are setting the correct button config: switch, button, mono, bi-stable or whatever.
Also make sure you are using the correct channels:

Switch FibFGD212_1_Sw  { channel="zwave:device:uzb:node37:switch_dimmer1" }
Dimmer FibFGD212_1_Dim { channel="zwave:device:uzb:node37:switch_dimmer1" }
Number FibFGD212_1_Pwr1 { channel="zwave:device:uzb:node37:sensor_power1" }
Number FibFGD212_1_Kwh1 { channel="zwave:device:uzb:node37:meter_kwh1" }
1 Like

(Gerry Maguire) #9

Maybe try what I did with a thermostat I had issues with?

0 Likes