OpenHAB not starting after update

Hello!

I’m using OpenHAB 2 for a pretty long time, and never had any problems with it after updating. But recently (6 days ago), I’ve tried to update my installation with 09.05.2018 nightly and wasn’t able to start OpenHAB afterwards. I was following this to the letter (as I did many times before), but after trying to run OpenHAB (both, as a service - the way I usually run it, and by running start.bat) all I get is “Launching the OpenHAB runtime…” message. I can see java.exe process is not taking any CPU time, so, I guess nothing is happening. After reverting back to a backup, everything works fine (I was running 1227 nightly). Today, I’ve tried updating once again, with today’s nightly (15.05.2018), but with the same result (only “Launching the OpenHAB runtime…” message). Anyone had similar problem? The update I’ve done today had the same starting point (nightly 1227). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I’ve found this inside OpenHAB.log, and I guess it has something to do with the problem I’m having, but I really don’t have a slightest idea how to solve it

Error installing boot feature repository mvn:org.apache.karaf.features/standard/4.1.3/xml/features
java.io.IOException: Error resolving artifact org.apache.karaf.features:standard:xml:features:4.1.3: [Could not find artifact org.apache.karaf.features:standard:xml:features:4.1.3 in openhab (https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/online-repo-snapshot/2.3/)] : mvn:org.apache.karaf.features/standard/4.1.3/xml/features

Best regards,
Davor

I’m seeing similar errors in current Linux distro.
There were changes to get OH to Karaf 4.1.5 some time ago (so OH/java shouldn’t look for 4.1.3), and there’s another issue that might be related or not.

Open a github issue please.

Hello!

Thank you for the information. Are you able to start OH, regardless of these errors in a log file?

Best regards,
Davor

yes but it’s on Linux

After updating form 2.2 to 2.3 with the Windows procedure, my Openhab could not start because I had the runtime folder nested in another runtime folder.
I guess there might be a bug in the updating script.
I fixed it manually having just one level of runtime folder with its files in it.
By the way, another problem that I found in upgrading was not having PowerShell 4.0 but 2.0. The OH update script needs 4.0. I had to install it manually (Frameworks 4.0) since it does not come with normal Windows 7 updates.
Last but not least, always remember to unlock the downloaded scripts before running them.
Maybe these info could be added to the OH documentation for a better explanation.