Openhab Problem after shut down in Karif

Hi All

I’m beginning to have problems with my OH installation, I noticed it happening after Build #1073 i’m now on openHAB 2.2.0 Build #1078 having same issue.

After a shutdown in Karif I’m getting this at log in

Please stand by while UIs are being installed. This can take several minutes.

I couple of shutdown can solve the issue, but mainly I have to reboot the entire server.

In karif I get this

10:39:53.788 [WARN ] [e.core.transform.TransformationHelper] - Cannot get service reference for transformation service of type JS
10:39:53.788 [WARN ] [inding.modbus.internal.Transformation] - couldn't transform response because transformationService of type 'JS' is unavailable

In Karif I can also see this

104 │ Waiting  │  80 │ 0.9.0.201711101643     │ Eclipse SmartHome Core Thing

A restart of the Eclipse SmartHome Core Thing is not solving anything, it’s still ‘Waiting’

See if this helps:
Move your rules files away and restart, after 5+ mins (when java load drops below 100%) you can move them back.

It has no effect…

I need to restart the openhab2.service or do a reboot of the server (This works 80%) sometimes I have to do this 2-3 times.

Yes, I meant to move the files AND to restart openhab2.service, then wait for 5-10 minutes until java load is down, THEN move rules back.

This is what I’m doing restart openhab2.service, it works after 1-3 retries.

If I for some reason needs to shutdown openhab from Karif, I have do 1-3 tries with the openhab2.service

All this is happening after Snapshot Build #1073 never had any issues before - i’m now on #1077

Do you have anything defined in .items or even in .things files?
Ramp up logging if you haven’t done that yet (at least set org.apache.karaf to DEBUG and org.eclipse.smarthome too, eventually).
Check your logs what’s being loaded first and what’s last for both, a ‘working’ restart or a non-working one.
Are rules loaded before things ? before items ? before persistence config ?

I think I found the problem, read elsewhere that there is a Bug in the offline Addon Kar file, I removed it and the error was gone :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your suggestions :slight_smile: