openHAB Radio station

Just to let the rest of the world know we are not boring people boggled with technical issues all the time. Lets keep a openHAB radio station alive.

For starters I cann’t get this tune out of my mind even after a day. Heard it on Boston Legal s02e12.

Feel free to post your fav songs. At least I will be listening.

Couple of interesting mixes

Shipping up to Boston and Enter the Sandman.

Russian Rammstein - Du Riechst So Gut

1 Like

My tastes are far too eclectic. I’ll stick to just a couple genera. It makes some people go crazy when I go from a Lassus Lamentation to a Die Antwoord rap to an Allison Krauss and the Union Station Band ballad.

In roughly chronological order.

Sumer is Icumen in : one of the oldest songs in English and the oldest 6 part round in Europe.

Anything by Lassus is fantastic.

Calata ala spagnola (after Joan Ambrosio Dalza). Best ear worm in the world. It’s my ring tone.

Speaking of ear worms you can’t beat La Folia. Little tidbit, after listening to this go listen to Brittney Spear’s “Oops I Did it Again”. :wink:

Brandonburg No. 2 (it’s hard to find recordings of Wachet Auf on YouTube using period instruments which was my first choice).

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=concerto+for+two+violins+bach

You can’t have just one Bach. This piece made me fall in love with Baroque music. I listened to it several times a day in high school.

Beethoven can pull at the heart strings when he wants to. Movement 2 of Symphony No. 3

OK, I’m jumping over a lot but wanted something happy after that funeral march. Holst’s Jupiter!

4th Movement of Mahler’s 1’st Symphony

Philip Glass’s Koyaanisqatsi (or pretty much anything by Glass really). Going to see “Einstein on the Beach” is a bucket list item.

Brian Eno 2 Variations on Pachelbell Canon in D Major

Say it’s Only a Paper Moon by Ella Fitzgerald, let you think I only listen to classical stuff.

Swinging on a Star sung by Bing Crosby

I used to sing these last two to my son when he was a baby.

Glenn Miller Moonlight Serenade

Duke Ellington It Don’t Mean a Thing

That’s enough for now (my compile finished :wink: ). I could do this all day (or night as the current case may be here).

And for the record, my wife just bought a medieval bagpipe (she is a professional early woodwind player). :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, just to give it a start…

Edvard Grieg: Peer Gynt - Solveig’s song

Igor Stravinsky: Le sacre du printemps

Joaquín Rodrigo: Concierto de Aranjuez

Francês Gabriel Faure: Pavane Op 50 (Die 12 Cellisten der Berliner Philharmoniker)

Well… so much music, so little time… just some less old songs… :wink:

The Intersphere - Prodigy Composers

And even simple video game music might be worth…

or a nice guitar…

Justin King: Phunkdified (Ben Lapps)

TENACIOUS D: Kickapoo

Wintergatan: Marble Machine
(This is just awsome… I love automatic music machines :slight_smile: )
3 Likes

I had the privileged to see Jaap van Zweden conduct the Dallas Symphony Orchestra on a number of occasions when I lived in the Dallas area. I believe he is now with the Hong Kong Philharmonic. I didn’t get to see him conduct Rite of Spring but I did get to see him conduct Firebird.

I can’t believe I forgot about France! Faure, Debussy, Chopin, Charpentier, Lully (OK he was Italian but he composed for the King of France)! Pavane Op 50 is one of my all time favorites as well.

Awesome compilations above!

Now something modern perhaps. Station is live 24x7, its global community.

Alternate rock / metal from me today

How can we ignore Du Hast, Rammstein.

Carnival Of Rust, Poets of Fall. A masterpiece!

Six Gun Quota, Seether

Walk Away from the Sun, Seether again!

Alt rock continues

Paradise, Coldplay.

What’ve done, Likin Park.

No alt rock is complete without these guys => System Of A Dawn. I heard they were colleagues, left job and created the band.

Marilyn Manson. I heard this in Matrix sound tracks.

Matrix fans, remember this?

Zombie, Cranberries. A Modern Classic.

The Beasts! Iron Maiden.

I’ve a few minutes. Here are the next few tracks from my currently playing playlist:

(From the original CD, not this soundtrack. My wife taught a workshop with Shira Kammen and came home with Music of the Waters where this piece was first published.)

When the world ends, Dave Matthews. Another addictive song, this youtube version is not hi-bitrate. Recommend you get pirated one from somewhere. :wink: