Openhab Things MQTT simple Sonoff switch with Tasmota

Ah ok. So it’s a sitemaps problem. In that case, I will not participate. I’m just the mqtt binding maintainer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ayyyy … ive just seen that youve developed that :smiley:

Awesome! Thanks so far for the help :slight_smile:

Lest find the real problem:
Which item did you link to the Power1 channel of your Generic thing? How did you setup this item?
Can you switch this item via PaperUI Control? (In this case MQTT is working , as David expected. I was assuming the mqtt setup had errors. But if it works from PaperUI only the UI set up is false).

1 Like

Yes, please :slight_smile:
It switches from The PaperUI-Controls perfectly.

Its been a wile since I installed it. Lets see if i get all together …

• In the OH2 configuration I installed Davids MQTT Thing Binding

• in Inbox I added the Generic MQTT Thing:

• in there i added the channel:

• in my item file i added and havenow:
    Group House “House” [“House”]
    Group:Switch:OR(ON, OFF) Lights “All Lights [(%d)]”
    Switch RoseLight “Rose Light” (House, Lights) [“Lighting”] { mqtt=“>[openhabian:cmnd/SS01/POWER1:command:*:default], <[openhabian:stat/SS01/POWER1:state:default]” }

Maybe the broker name “openhabian” in my item is wrong? How do i find out whats the real one?

As said before if it is switching from PaperUI, the setup of mqtt is working!

Your item definition is wrong! You are using the MQTT version 1 syntax!
In the curly brackets you need “{channel= xxx}”. Instead of the points copy the channel from PaperUI, as can be seen in one of your posts above, the line under " Rose Switch 1". However if it works from PaperUI you do have an item linked correctly, if you have the simple mode selected that one has been created automatically.

1 Like

AWESOME!!!
That was it. Thanks also to David :slight_smile: