Openhab unstable, does not communicate with things but UI and paper works

I use 2.4.0, running docker (IOT Stack) on a raspberry 4.
After booting every thing runs fine but after a few hours Openhab does not receive data nor communicate with any tings or items. Paper and UI works, but no actions happen if I for instance activate a switch. This has now happen several times.

Majority of items are MQTT, but I have also Spotify and Unifi bindings installed - they do not work either after the “crash” (18:48:46.662), although I can create new items in paper after the “crash”.
This evening the event log ended at 18:48:46.662 (i.e. nothing recorded after this). In the Openhab.log there is nothing unusual at that time - and the Openhab.log continues to show errormessage after that time (errors in my site map). No item seems to work after that time

What can I do? Is it just to start from scratch again?

OH 2.4 is well over a year old now. If this is caused by a bug it’s likely fixed in OH 2.5 or you’ll have to wait for OH 3. But upgrading to 2.5 would be a prudent move as there are not many here on the forum who are running or even have recent memories of running 2.4.

What is your CPU and RAM utilization doing during the crash?

1 Like

What version of Java?

I updated, and now it been stable for 7hours, just need to wait and see

The Java version:
openjdk version “1.8.0_232”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu8.42.0.195-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_232-b195)
OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu8.42.0.195-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 25.232-b195, mixed mode, Evaluation)

1 Like