OpenHab user notification in UI

Hello community. There is a following task: We have smart house installation with flooding sensors. Where flood sensor send us a signal about flooding, in upper left or right corner of each UI page must occur sign to notify user about flooding. How can we do that ?

Signal about floding (discrete) we get from external PLC via Modbus protocol.

What UI might be involved here?

You can’t do that on a sitemap based UI, but you can have a line that is only visible when an Item is in a certain state (e.g. floodAlarm==ON) and of course you can have red text and icons etc.

You can’t do that on a sitemap based UI, but you can have a line that is only visible when an Item is in a certain state (e.g. floodAlarm==ON) and of course you can have red text and icons etc.

Must this line be manually inserted at each UI page (as we do that with other lines with switches, temperatures, sliders etc.) ?

If you are using a sitemap (you haven’t said) the only way to add content to a sitemap is to edit the sitemap file.

If you are using Group on a sitemap to automatically display a “sub-page” there is no way to add anything to the sub-page.

If you are using Text { … } or Group { … } to display a sub-page under your control then you would have to add content to each of the { … } block(s) of the sitemap for the content to be visible on the sub-page(s) as well.

Thank you for your answer.

What UI might be involved here? - I don’t understand this qestion exactly (I use openHab only two days and I am beginer with it)

There are several User Interfaces (UI) that you can use with openHAB.

PaperUI, Habmin, are toolboxes for setting up the system, not for everyday use.

BasicUI, Android app, iOS app (I think), ClassicUI, all use sitemaps to control and present a user facing display.

HABpanel is a different UI, more advanced and graphically oriented, with its own control methods.