Openhab won't start now

I have no idea what I’ve done but I rebooted this evening and openhab won’t start. If I do a sudo openhab-cli start I just get this:

A systemd service configuration exists...
Use 'sudo /bin/systemctl start openhab2.service' to start an openHAB service
Launching an instance in this terminal..
Launching the openHAB runtime...
/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/bin/karaf: 247: [: Illegal number: 
/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/bin/karaf: 247: [: Illegal number: 
/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/bin/karaf: 95: [: Illegal number: 
/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/bin/karaf: 296: [: Illegal number: 
/usr/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries: libjli.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I’m well and truly stuck with this one. Please can someone throw me a line

jep see here:

Sorry, I don’t understand. Is there a fix there?

Not yet ,we are several people with this same issue.

Ah, thank you! I thought it was something I’d done. I’ll go to bed. Just not sure how I’m going to switch all the lights off! I only installed this a couple of days ago and have just finished setting up a load of devices and rules :frowning:

All working again now!

You?

yep

1 Like

Thats the power of Openhab ,it allows me to be able to control my lights in several ways.

Even with HUE lights i can still choose if i want to control by PIR, app,voice or the good old switch ,all the ways are “just” working exactly the same way and are technically push of the button.

Very “elegant” solution ,but i understand not everyone have that option.

1 Like

That’s interesting. So how are you managing that? All my bulbs in the house, for example, are IKEA Tradfri and I also have the IKEA Tradfri dimmer buttons as a backup for when sensors don’t fire or when an automation screws up. Are you saying it’s possible to control the lights even if the Pi or OpenHAB dies?

well to make a VERY long story short , yes BUT

We have an “intelligent house” system built in ,Openhab is “just” adding features on top of what we already have.

So when Openhab is down voice control is down (and other advance features) ,but almost al other things works normally.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.