Openhab2 2.4.0-M2

I noticed the latest (Raspbian at least) snapshot package is called 2.4.0~M2 and shows up as “milestone build”.
What does that actually mean ? @Benjy ?

This is a milestone build for 2.4.0 and can be seen as a “testing” version. It’ll be in the snapshot repository too as this contains build in the upstream (depending on the release schedule, this might be changed as M* will always be seen as newer than #*), I believe there will be some announcement from @kai later about this.

These builds are now triggered and published automatically when a general release is made.

Hi @mstormi,

After considering the upgrade point, I have removed the milestone build from the snapshot repository. It is still available on the testing repository.

For everyone looking to get back on the daily snapshot builds, please use the following command to find the latest version:

sudo apt update
sudo apt-cache madison openhab2

The top version listed as a response will be the latest version (e.g. 2.4.0~20180827190222-1), and can be installed using:

sudo apt install  openhab2=2.4.0~20180827190222-1

Apologies for the inconvenience!

A small addition: Juste add afert the madison a openhab2 otherwise you will not get any output

Just read this as a first try …

1 Like

Pardon ? Häh?

Sometimes it is a really good idea to read a post before sending it. I just tried to get back to the latest nightly and found out that the command to list older version should be

instaed of

sudo apt-cache madison

On an openHABian system (Raspberry) the ouput of the second command is nothing.

Hope this is more readable now.

Thomas

1 Like

Thanks @Dibbler42 sorry for missing that out the first time! Edited my post above to avoid any confusion!

1 Like

Use the command

To see the latest packages, then use the version that’s on the top of the list.

Yes, in that case the command would be:

sudo apt install openhab2=2.4.0~20180925182731-1

Yes, any snapshot from this point forward will contain the latest ZWave changes.

The best way of doing the ZWave update is given here.

Yes, sorry, pasted the URL twice.