openhab2-addons related commit for openhab-offline-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip

For org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar within openhab-offline-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip, is it possible for us to build from openhab2-addons github project?

If so, which commit for openhab2-addons in github project does this org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar related to?

For example, openhab2-addons latest’s commit is,
commit 9a38eb2afead34a7f1748253fdf3286a79b49f0c
Merge pull request #753 from digitaldan/hueemulator-type-fix

I guess I may be related some commit after openhab2-addons release 2.0.0 beta 2.
I know for openhab2-addons, release 2.0.0.beta should be a stable version.
But since that release, 147 commits has been submitted.

And there should be some commit related to org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar. And that related commit is also supposed to be stable, as it is part a SNAPSHOT.

Does someone have any idea about that?
Any commit after the commit related to the org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar will be also very helpful.

Thank you and any information will be greatly appreciated.

You don’t specify what problem you are trying to solve, so let me try to help by giving you some resources:

First, the latest builds, offline and online can be found here:

https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/

You can grab just the zwave artifacts if that is your desire, though if you are using the beta release, I would recommend grabbing a snapshot at this point as a lot of things have changed since the beta was published.

The github repository is here for the addons:

You can search it for commits since the one you specified.

Thank you for your information and I am sorry for the confusing.

As I was suggested by chris, I can use paper UI to install zwave binding.
Then I follow that.

As I mentioned before, org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar is within openhab-offline-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip. However, I cannot manage to use this zwave binding to send switch binary command to my aeon appliance switch.

So I hope someone can help me to locate the related commit within openhab2-addons github project. So I can use my eclipse to run in debug mode to trace my running zwave binding.
I believe that would be very helpful to locate my error of configuration files meaning sitemap/items/things for zwave binding.

Can some expert give me some help for that? Or just suggest a good openhab2-addons commit to build zwave jar file to run/debug in eclipse?

Thank you very much.

If you are using the snapshot, your build would have almost all of the latest commits. The snapshot is a nightly snapshot built from master. If you are looking to do development work to make modifications, then there isn’t a particular commit to start with, just start with your copy of master that would have all the latest commits.

What model appliance switch are you trying to get working? Perhaps we go down that path instead?

Thank you for your explanation and information.

For your explanation,
If you are using the snapshot, your build would have almost all of the latest commits. The snapshot is a nightly snapshot built from master. If you are looking to do development work to make modifications, then there isn’t a particular commit to start with, just start with your copy of master that would have all the latest commits.

Here is my understanding
I think you are saying that the commit related to snapshot is mostly the latest commit.
For openhab2-addons, the latest commit
commit 9a38eb2afead34a7f1748253fdf3286a79b49f0c
on Mar 21, 2016

So openhab-offline-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip as Build #203
(Mar 22, 2016 3:30:48 AM)
is related to last commit.
Am I right for my description above?

In detail,
openhab-offline-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip is not build from some day, related to some commit.
Instead, openhab-offline-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip is mostly built every day/night, so it is mostly include the latest commit of that day.
Am I right for my description above?

To answer your question.
For the model appliance switch I am trying to connect by my aeon lab zstick S2, is

Appliance Switch(110 Volt)
Model: DSC6106-ZWUS

Thank you very much.

I think I may find the answer for the related commit for the SNAPSHOT.

From
https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB-Distribution/,
follow multiple clicks, I think I manage to find the related commit for the openhab2-addons github project.

Last build (#203), 1 day 15 hr ago
openHAB2-Addons #534
Last build (#547), 1 day 16 hr ago
(commit: 337dd512138a4646ba8c8c483f0ba8d2025d8498)
(detail)

Please let me know if I think in a wrong way.

Thank you very much.

It’s all good. If you are looking for commits, either there in the changes or in the commit list in github.

Your real problem though may be that your device is not in the z-wave database.

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database

Until it is in there, it won’t be in any git commit. If you have the xml file that matches the node ID (find it in userdata/zwave/), then it can be uploaded and the device created.

Thank you for mentioning z-wave database to me.

However, as I use aeon lab zstick S2 to plug into USB port. I think the device should be common and it should be a problem by supported by the device database.

Now I am trying to use zstick S2 as controller to include another aeon lab binary switch devie to zwave network and send binary switch command to it.
However, so far, I really have no sense how to include another device via zwave binding.

As I use zstick S2, it pick the thing id as serial_zstick from controllerserial.xml within zwave binding. In this thing of serial_zstick, I could not find some channel related to include/remove device.
So I really have no sense how to include another device via zwave binding.
Can you shed some light for that?

Here is also two links for my similar question under other topic posts.

Thank you very much.

To response your concern,

within device databse, I found my appliance device is here
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/75
It looks this device is ok.

however, my zsticke s2 device here,
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/67
It shows
Device definition contains errors
No channels have been assigned even though there are user configurable command classes.

[CONTINUE]
Here is log from openhab.log you may be interested.

I have node7.xml within userdata/zwave/.
It is for my appliance switch.

I also have my node1.xml there.
It is for my zstick S2.

$ grep node7 openhab.log
2016-03-24 15:11:12.900 [DEBUG] [l.initialization.ZWaveNodeSerializer] - NODE 7: Serializing from file /home/xiaomin/Downloads/openhab-offline-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/userdata/zwave/node7.xml
2016-03-24 15:11:18.559 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing ‘zwave:device:1:node7’ to inbox.
2016-03-24 15:11:18.571 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.InboxAddedEvent ] - Discovery Result with UID ‘zwave:device:1:node7’ has been added.
2016-03-24 15:16:34.084 [DEBUG] [l.initialization.ZWaveNodeSerializer] - NODE 7: Serializing to file /home/xiaomin/Downloads/openhab-offline-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/userdata/zwave/node7.xml

no handler
Cannot delegate command ‘ON’ for item ‘Z_socket1’ to handler for channel ‘zwave:aeon_dsc06_00_000:1:Switch’, because no handler is assigned. Maybe the binding is not installed or not propertly initialized.
2016-03-24 15:29:47.458 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Cannot delegate command ‘ON’ for item ‘Z_socket1’ to handler for channel ‘zwave:device:1:node7:Switch’, because no thing with the UID ‘zwave:device:1:node7’ could be found.
2016-03-24 15:29:47.459 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Cannot delegate update ‘ON’ for item ‘Z_socket1’ to handler for channel ‘zwave:aeon_dsc06_00_000:1:Switch’, because no handler is assigned. Maybe the binding is not installed or not propertly initialized.
2016-03-24 15:29:47.460 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Cannot delegate update ‘ON’ for item ‘Z_socket1’ to handler for channel ‘zwave:device:1:node7:Switch’, because no thing with the UID ‘zwave:device:1:node7’ could be found.

[CONTINUE]
I paste my configuration again for your reference, as there is some minor change.

.sitemap,
Switch item=zstick
Switch item=Z_socket1

.items,
//Switch zstick “aeon zstick” { zwave=“1:command=switch_binary,refresh_interval=10000” }
Switch zstick “aeon zstick” { zwave=“1” }

Switch Z_socket1 “Living Room” (Lights) { zwave=“7:command=SWITCH_BINARY” }
//Switch Z_socket1 {channel=“zwave:aeon_dsc06_00_000:1:Switch”}
//Switch Z_socket1 {channel=“zwave:device:1:node7:Switch”}

I try all commented line, none of them work, including the un-commented lines.

.things
zwave:serial_zstick:1 [port="/dev/ttyUSB0"]
zwave:aeon_dsc06_00_000:1 []

Hopefully, information is enough for some expert to help and shed some light.
Thank you very much.