Openhab2: Aeon zwave multisensor not detected

Hi All, in particular @chris :slight_smile:

I have a couple of zwave devices already connected, but today I tried to add a Zwave multisensor (ZW074 - AU version).

Adding the device went fine, but the sensor wasn’t automatically added to the Inbox in paperui.

Trying to add it manually, the sensor hasn’t been detected:

I get a device “Z-Wave Node4” as zwave:device:4d43bf00:node4

Help suggests that either it’s likely missing the device definition in the database - possibly as this is the AU version of the sensor (AU uses a different zwave frequency to other regions).

Any suggestions on how I add this device to the zwave database?

Cheers,

Paul

Adding to this, openhab.log shows:

2017-02-02 19:14:23.721 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 4: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF::0.0
2017-02-02 19:14:23.728 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing 'zwave:device:4d43bf00:node4' to inbox.

That’s really strange - I’d need to see a log to understand this

What do you mean by adding it manually? Are you trying to define this in the text files - if so, you can’t currently define zwave things in the text files at the moment

It seems this comment isn’t quite right based on your log below?

I suspect that the device just needs waking up. It looks like it is discovered, and added to the inbox, but based on the fact that the device data is not known I think that the device needs waking up so that the binding can initialise it.

Hi Chris,

After several hours - things started working. I had left it for at least 2 hours from first adding it, but at least it’s working now.

Sorry for the noise, and appreciate all your efforts to support zwave in openhab!

Cheers,

Paul